Chapter four

Lauren's POV

"I know I know, but do I have to be in New York right now?"

"Yes I have things to do."

"I have a friend coming over and I can't just tell her to go away."

"Because I've done that to her to many times."

"Can't you just tell them I'll be one more day."

"Yes, and then I'll come tomorrow."

"Ok great, thank you!"

"K Bye."

I say then hang up the call, placing my phone down on the counter top. Breathing out a sigh of relief.

"Great, now I don't have to cancel on Lisa." I say to myself, glad that I could win over my manager to let me stay home in Tennessee one more day.

Knowing I wouldn't of asked Lisa to come over if I knew I were supposed to be going to New York, but I just got the call last minute.

Ding

I hear my door bell go off as I smile to myself and start to walk out of my kitchen and to the front door.

Lisa's practically been over all week and I'd like to say we've just fallen right back into old habits. Making jokes like we were when we were friends, stopping over randomly, and most importantly movie days.

One of my favorite things to do with Lisa. It might not seem as fun as it sounds but to me it's fun.

We make jokes during the movie, we cuddle, we eat junk food, we can even just flat out sit together in comfortable silence and still have fun together.

And this is why I've missed Lisa. No one and I mean no one that I know can be like this with me. So simple but still so amazingly fun.

I open the front door as I see Lisa, in comfortable leggings and a t-shirt, standing there with a smile on her face holding a bag of popcorn and a tub of ice cream.

Seeing her smile makes me smile as I step to the side to allow her in.

She steps in and starts walking towards the living room. Getting there and setting down the two things In her hands. Seeing the soda and candy I already have placed there.

She plops down on the couch as I find my seat next to her. Grabbing the remote as I turn on the tv and try to find something interesting for us to watch.

"Oooo what about that one, it looks cool." The older girl suggests while pointing to the big flat screen tv. I look at the one she's pointing at as I look at the description and the ratings.

"But Lise it's rated three stars?" I point out as the older girl looks at me with a playful glare shaking her head a little.

"Who in the world looks at the ratings grandma. The movie cover looks cool and the storyline sounds awesome why can't we watch it?" She asks back, sounding like she's trying to hold back her fake anger.

Laughing a little as I shake my head and look back up at the screen. "Because other people say it's bad by rating it badly, I'm just saving us time to not watch a trash movie."

"And when did we ever care about that. We make fun of the characters even if it's a good movie, come on let's watch it!" She says practically begging as I laugh at her pleading, knowing she's right, we never really take a movie seriously together, we make fun of it either way.

I let in to her begging as I press play and hear the older girl squeal as I look back at her to see her cuddle up in her blanket and focus her eyes on the screen.

Smiling a little at the sight as I too look back to the screen. Both of us staying silent as the beginning credits roll in.

Soon feeling Lisa's body move closer to mine as her head ends up on my shoulder. I look down to her as she doesn't take her eyes off the screen, keeping them glued to the movie that's just starting.

I try to look back up at the screen but my gaze just keeps on getting pulled back to Lisa, feeling her cozy up to me. I eventually lay my head on top of hers and wrap an arm around her.

Relaxing a little as I hear Lisa chuckle beneath me. Knowing a joke is about to come as I look down at her as she looks up to me with a smirk on her face.

"What kind of person writes letters nowadays, losers that's what kind." She says as she looks up at me, meeting my gaze since I was already looking down at her. She winks at me and laughs a little to her self, knowing exactly why she made the joke.

*Flashback to 3 years ago*

"Lauren you have to, you can't back out now. We're doing this for your career." My manager, Sydney says as I roll my eyes without her seeing. Having just asked if I can skip out on this one performance being way to tried to even be awake right now.

And I might be a little more emotional since my girlfriend just broke up with me. She hasn't answered any of my texts with an actual answer, just with one that always ends in, "I'm just doing what's best for you." Or always something along the lines of that.

I just want her but I want to be a singer too. And it's so hard having a life with this kind of responsibility to deal with. But I've worked so hard to get it here I just want everything I can get to make it.

—————————

After the performance I could tell Sydney was proud of me, letting me to go home earlier then excepted but I take it.

Not going home but going somewhere important.

Lisa's house.

Once I get there though I just sit in my car. Not being able to bring myself to go up to her front door and knock. It seeming like such a simple thing to do but I just can't bring myself to do it. Having an idea as I grab my song writing journal and rip out a page, getting my pen and immediately writing down what I feel on the paper.

I look down at the letter I just finished writing as I fold it in half and take a deep breath. Stepping out of my car and walking up to her front porch, setting the letter down on the welcome mat as I knock on the door and bolt back to my car, immediately driving off as I look In my mirror to see if she opened the door and to no surprise seeing her standing on her porch with the letter in hand and it already opened to read.

I smile sadly to myself as I look ahead of me, knowing I probably won't even hear back from her but just content that she knows what I wanted to say to her.