Chapter two

Lauren's POV

"I'm sorry again." I say while bringing over a water to the older girl, feeling her taking it from my hand as I place my glass on the coffee table.

"There's no need to be sorry, it happened years ago and we can't change the past." She says before taking a sip of the water and also setting it down on the table.

"I know but it just feels like if I did something different we could've ended up differently..." I say as I hear Lisa lightly sigh as she places a hand on my thigh. Which sends shivers up my back. Feeling like I did three years ago every time she touched me.

"Lauren, I'm not mad at how we broke up. Even though I was the one that broke things off. Maybe it's what we needed. You were staring a new life and I think being in a relationship would've been to much for you to handle along with what was happening, it probably wouldn't of lasted much longer if I wouldn't of broken up with you and I didn't want to end on bad terms." She says as I nod, knowing she's right. I was gone a lot more once I started to gain fame and I couldn't do that to Lisa, it was already hard enough when I was gone from her when we were dating.

"You're right. I just...I missed you when we broke up, I never stopped thinking about you, even now. I've always wondered how you were, but I was to scared to text you." I say looking down into my lap as I feel her hand move from my leg to my hand that is in my lap. Grabbing it and squeezing it reassuringly.

"I know, I was the same. You had an image to build and trying to pull you back to your old life was not what I wanted to do. I guess that now you're in a really great state in your career it wouldn't hurt to be...friends?" She asked the last part so timidly as I look up at her. Squeezing her hand a little with a smile on my face.

"I would really like that." I say to the older girl as she smiles back at me, keeping her hand in mine as we fall back into the comfortable silence, just staring back at each other.

—————————

"And then she started crying!" Lisa laughs out as the both of us are cracking up, we've just been exchanging story's from anytime from the last three years. The older girl going on about how her and her youngest sister trapped her other sister in a closet.

"She was laughing too so we were confused on what was happening to her." She adds on as I hold my chest from laughing so much, trying to catch my breath before I say something.

"God....I miss Amy. She was the brightest person I've ever meet, personality wise and clothes wise." I say chuckling at the end as Lisa shakes her head with a smile.

"And she still wears yellow." Lisa says while rolling her eyes knowing when we were still in contact Amy would always be wearing yellow and when she wore a different color we would always ask if she was sick or something. Knowing we were just teasing her but sometimes we would genuinely mean it.

"Wow I guess some people just never change." I say as Lisa nods along in agreement.

"Yeah, I mean you never changed. Still the same old dorky girl who writes in a journal like a diary." She says as my jaw drops and I shove her a little as she laughs.

"Did you dig through my stuff when you were done showering?" I ask as she shakes her head and laughs more at me accusing her of that.

"No it was on your bed. I saw it and immediately knew what it was." She says as my mouth forms the shape of an "O".

"Oh. I forgot I had that laying there. I was writing in it this morning." I say as she shakes her head at my forgetfulness.

"But hey you can't call me a dork for that. It's how I express my feelings, and I got you into it years ago." I say as she nods remembering the time she found me writing in my journal and asked what it was. And I told her, she made fun of me for it at the time but tried it and actually enjoyed it.

"I still write in a journal, it's calming. I just like to tease you, the face you always give me is priceless, I just had to." She says and laughs again as I pout and she looks at me in awe.

"Awww it's ok Lolo I won't expose you anymore. You remember I know everything about you." Lisa says while winking at me as I blush a little, remembering the countless conversations we had where we spilled everything about ourselves out to each other.

"Yeah I know. And I know everything about you. So if you try to bring up any embarrassing fact just know I got something up here about you." I say while tapping the side of my head, referring to my brain as she laughs and nods at me.

"You don't know how badly I missed this, just talking with someone who gets me like you do. It's not the same with my sisters, and my other friends don't get me the way you do." Lisa says while sighing a little happily.

I smile a little, knowing these few hours of talking with her have been the best hours I've had in a while. Knowing I don't have that many friends as I use to have. Which might sound surprising since I'm famous but a lot of my old "friends" just used me as a person to brag about knowing. None of them actually cared about me, Lisa did though. But after we fell out of contact that was one of the last few relationships I've had with a person. I haven't even dated since Lisa. Not that I could, no one could compare to her soft and caring personality.

"I get it. I don't really have anyone who understands me quite like you do. No one can even come close." I say frowning a little but shake it off before she can see. Knowing I don't think anyone will be able to get as close to me as Lisa had. She's just different then the rest. And who knows maybe In a good way.