₉; Nightmare

The sound of water dripping rung in Lisa's ears

The sound of water dripping rung in Lisa's ears. Lifting her head she instantly winced in pain. The room was pitch black with a small window being the only source of light. The remembrance of being dragged by whatever that woman was hit her like a truck.

Lisa shivered as she felt the room grow colder by the second. Without hesitation, she opened her mouth to scream for help but couldn't. Pain instead surged her body most notably her lower face.

Lifting her hand Lisa patted her lips to instantly yank her fingertips away. Tears welled her eyes as she felt thick thread on her lips. Shifting her eyes she tried to look for something that could give her a reflection of her face.

A few meters away she noticed a small broken mirror, quickly she rushed to it and carefully lifted the mirror towards her face. Lisa was stuck with pure horror as she saw her lips stitched together unevenly. As if a child sewed the thread on her face.

Her screams were muffled but her throwing the mirror shattering it was enough to make the others above the basement start to panic.

The door started to shake for a brief moment making everyone freeze in their steps. Their throats dried in an instant due to the sheer amount of fear that coursed through their veins.

Silence.

The door stood still not moving or making a single dreaded creak. Yoongi gulped still shaken up by the sight, "We should get down there quickly." He shakily stated.

"Right so I think it's best if the girls along with Hoseok and Jimin stay up here." Namjoon announced and earned a disapproved scoff from Jennie.

"My best friend is down there alone probably unconscious thanks to these damn spirits. And you want me to stay up here hell no." She fought back clearly showcasing her distaste of the plan.

"Jen he has a point. If we all go together it'll just be overcrowded. We'll bring Lisa back I promise." Taehyung softly said trying to persuade her.

"Fine." Jennie mumbled in defeat. "Just be careful." Taehyung kissed her forehead in response.

"Be safe guys." Jisoo told them worry clearly expressed in her features as her brows furrowed together, her bottom lip quivering in fast motions.

"We will." Jin replied with a smile.

Jimin handed Jungkook the baseball bat he took from the kid's bedroom. "Just in case there's someone down there other than Lisa." He muttered softly and patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"Okay we'll be going." Namjoon announced making everyone nod.

Letting out a deep breath Jungkook placed his hand on the doorknob. Carefully he twisted it slowly opening the door holding the bat tightly in his other hand.

Taehyung flashed the flashlight at the doorway and they saw old wooden stairs leading down. He gulped not liking that the wood looked super old and barely withstanding itself.

Carefully one by one they each went down the stairs the sounds of the wood creaking under their feet made them cringe in fear.

"Where the hell is she." Jin muttered seeing a bunch of old furniture and boxes in the basement but not Lisa.

Yoongi moved the flashlight all over the place and felt his blood run cold. It was quick and sudden but he swore he saw someone run past the boxes. "Uhm guys there's someone in here and I don't think it's Lisa." He told them making everyone shiver.

"Just keep looking and don't split up." Taehyung replied moving his flashlight.

"Lisa where are you." Jungkook whisper shouted. "Lisa." He shouted again but got no response.

"Guys over here!" Jin yelled as he pointed his flashlight at a figure. They all ran to his location.

Lisa was curled in a ball shaking in fear. Her face hidden from the boy's eyes.

Jungkook rushed to her side slowly he placed his hand on her shoulder jolting the girl by accident. "Hey it's okay Lisa I'm here." He said softly not wanting to overwhelm her.

Lisa lifted her head tears flowing down her face. She was pulled into a tight embrace as Jungkook felt tears of his own well up.

Namjoon sighed in relief, "She's okay thank god." He mumbled.

"Let's get out of here." Yoongi said not wanting to be in the old basement any longer.

Jisoo paced the small hall. Her brain was clouded with worry as she waited for the others to return.

Everyone turned to the door when they heard creaking on the wooden stairs. Anticipation grew as they waited for the others to appear with Lisa safely by their side.

But no such thing happened.

The creaking made it all the way to the top staircase but no one was there. No one was walking on the steps. Well no human to be exact.

Hoseok furrowed his brows and shined the light at the doorway. It was empty. He lowered the flashlight and there he saw two-foot prints covered in the black goo that once dripped on his cheek. "What the hell." He mumbled.

Chaeyoung felt a hard tug on her shirt so she looked down and noticed there were a pair of footprints splattered right next to her. Her eyes widened at the sight.

Opening her mouth to tell the others to back way she felt nails digging into her neck. Pain surged her body as she felt her oxygen circulation grow weaker. Her hands tried to pry the other hands off of her but instead, the grip tightened.

"Chaeyoung! Chaeyoung!" She barely made out the yelling voices as loud ringing blared her ears. Her eyes were slowly closing but before they completely did she noticed a dark figure staring deep into her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

To be continued
|oop writer's block
is the worst. Anyway
I'm so sorry for my
absence on updating this
story. Please tell me
your thoughts 💗|