One

~Lance's POV~
I sit on the roof looking at the sky. Ever since I was little I've always had a fascination with space. I don't know why, but it feels like it calls to me, like that's where I'm meant to be.

It's crazy, I know. Only astronauts go to space, and it's only so they can learn about the planets beyond Earth.

"Lance, come inside please." My foster mom, Scarlet says. I nod and do as she says. I've been through a few foster family's, so far this is the best one. Scarlet and Flynn almost treat me as if I'm their own. I even have an older sister, Veronica who acts like I've been there forever.

I tuck myself under the covers and she sits at the foot of my bed. "I know you like space," she says softly, "But I'd prefer if you didn't risk sitting on the roof.

"Then may I sit on the lawn?" I ask.

She chuckles, "Sure, just make sure you're inside before midnight." She ruffles my already messy white hair.

I run outside and plop on the soft grass in front of the house. I continue looking up at the cloudless night sky.

I instinctively put my hand around the crystal on the simple chain around my neck. One of the few things that survived.

When I was a baby, somebody broke into my parents house. I was told my father lied dead on the floor, my mother nowhere to be found.

The house is not very far from my current house, and when I learned that they refuse to sell it because of what happened, I decided to take a look.

~Flashback~
It's Saturday, Scarlet and Flynn are out on a date, and Veronicas at her friend Acxa's house.

I walk over to my parent's old house, not knowing what to expect.

The first thing I notice is that most of the windows are broken, and the front door is laying in the yard, while the doorframe is empty.

I turn on the flashlight I brought and walk inside the creepy house. Pictures and paintings at must've originally hung on the walls are laying broken on the floor. The wallpaper has claw marks on it and places where it's shredded completely.

I walk around the one story house, the furniture is all broken, the stuff I see is all torn, or broken in some way. Theres claw marks on virtually everything. I see a piece on paper sticking out of a broken cabinet.

I pick it up and look at it. It's a picture, theres a couple in it, both smiling. The man has messy brown hair and dark blue eyes. The woman beside him has long white hair, but looks about the same age as the man. She has the same sun kissed skin and pointed ears I have. She has marks under her eyes similar to mine, but pink. Though I use foundation to cover mine up. I put my hand over the place where the marks are. She's wearing a small necklace. She's cradling a baby in her arms. It looks just like her, but with blue marks under the eyes.

I feel my eyes water as I realize, these were my parents. Unlike everything else here, the picture is in almost perfect condition.

I put it in my pocket and look around some more. There's one more room I haven't been in, but I barely walk in before I cover my mouth and my vision blurs as my eyes well up with tears.

In the center of the room there's a baby cradle, its faded, but has my name, Lance carved in the front. But at the foot of the cradle theres a few bloody hand prints. There a large dark red stain on the floor in front of the cradle.

That must've ben where my father was lying. I bring myself to walk into the room, avoiding the stain on the floor. I look around and something shines from the corner of the room.

I walk over and find a necklace. It's the same one my mother was wearing in the picture. It's a simple silver chain with a small light blue green crystal attached to it. I put it around my neck and leave the house.

~Flashback end~

That was the only time I went to the house, I never told Scarlet or Flynn about it. They banned me from going there, I only told Veronica and my best friends Hunk and Pidge.

I tell them everything. I trust them, I even told them about being bi. When I told Veronica, she admitted to being a lesbian, and having a crush on Acxa. Hunk and Pidge accepted me, Hunk even made me a batch of his cookies.

Hunk is basically a gourmet chef, he loves cooking and eating. Pidge, it seems like all of her weight is her brain. She's short, but she's the smartest person I've ever met. But, sadly she won't tell Hunk and I about most of the tech stuff she does.

Suddenly a streak of light comes from the sky. I stand up, and watch something crash into the woods near my house, the ground shaking a little on impact.

Without thinking, I run into the woods where it crashed.

When I get there, I see a small white spaceship like thing. It's white with light blue streaks around it. There's a part that looks fogged up, so I wipe it. There in the seat inside I see a furry purple creature. It has a mullet thats a dark indigo with fuzzy cat-like ears sticking out.

It's eyes are closed and it has on a tight suit with patterns that match the ship. I somehow open the hatch and pick up the creature. I can't bring it to my house, but I can't leave it out in the open. So where can I go...My parents house.
~~~~~~~~
This is my first fan fiction. I kinda had the idea for a while. I hope you like it :)