Three

I wake up a little before my alarm to find Keith still asleep, purring. For some reason my initial reaction is to pet his hair. It looks so soft, but I stop myself.

Then my alarm goes off, it wakes him up with a start. I push the stop button and Keith glares at me. "Why do you need that to wake you up?"

"I don't, but it helps. I don't want to be late for school, and so nobody's suspicious, you have to come with me. I have some clothes that are a little to small for me, that will probably fit you."

I walk to my closet and pull out a grey shirt and black leggings. I hand them to him and grab my grey shirt with blue sleeves. As well as my jeans. I take a shower, change, and get ready in the bathroom, and when I come out I see him wearing the clothes I handed him.

I giggle a little, with the black mullet, leggings and dark shirt he looks kinda emo. He looks at the clothes on himself, and a lightbulb goes off in my head.

I dig to the back of my closet and pull out the matching jacket and boots a foster family got me once. I hand the cropped red and white jacket to Keith with the boots.

I put on my jacket to show him how to do it. When he puts on the jacket he says, "I actually like this one."

"You aren't gonna take a shower though?" I ask him.

"Galra fur is self cleaning. We are always clean."

"Okay, well then I'll pack your book bag you'll need for school quickly, then we can head off." I say.

He nods and I leave the room. It doesn't take long to pack his book bag. I walk back to my room and Veronica stops me.

"Okay, tell me about him."

"I will sometime soon, but not now, we have school soon."

I hear his voice coming from my room. He's talking to himself? I open the door and I peek in to see him speaking to a pretty girl. She looks similar to me, she has long white hair, pointed ears, skin similar to mine and she has pink marks under her light blue eyes.

They are speaking to each other and I close the door softly, and turn to Veronica. "Please don't tell Scarlet and Flynn anything. But I promise to explain it when we come back.

She nods, "If you want a ride, get him and come soon."

This time I nod and she goes outside to her car. I knock on the door and hear him say, "I've got to go Princess, thank you for your time."

Princess? He opens the door and I hand him his book bag. I see something on a belt around his waist. A knife, I pull it out and he glares at me. "Give me my knife." He says angrily.

"You can't bring it to school, we'll get in major trouble. Leave it here, we'll be back." He sulks but sets it on the bed. We run downstairs and into Veronica's car, and she takes us to my school.

When we get there I hop out of the car, and Keith does the same. I see Hunk and Pidge outside talking with Pidge checking her phone every so often, and I wave at them. Hunk notices me and waves back.

Keith follows me slowly as I walk over to them. "Hello." Hunk says to Keith smiling.

Keith nods, "I'm Hunk, and this is Pidge. You must be new."

"Yes, I am. I'm Keith." He says back.

"Hi," Pidge says then turns to me. Were you outside last night, around roughly ten o'clock?" I nod confused, and she continues, "Good, then you saw the thing that fell from the sky."

My heart starts to race knowing what she's talking about. "According to my calculations it has landed in the woods near your house. But since that happened radio waves have been way higher than usual. I want to go investigate the thing after school."

I glance at Keith, who's eyes have widened a bit. "Or we could, you know, not." I suggest quickly.

She glares at me, "This could be the most important discovery of my life. And it sounds like you already know what's there."

"No, no," I say a little too quickly, "Well I went, but it wasn't anything interesting, just a small comet."

"From what I saw, the thing was not small, larger than a person. And if it was a comet, then its magnetic fields are crazy, and I still want to see it. You can't change my mind."

I sigh, knowing I can't, when Pidge makes up her mind nothing you can do is going to change it.

"So Keith, where are you from?" Pidge asks him, one eyebrow raised.

He freezes up and I answer, "He told me he was from Texas, right?" I say off the top of my head.

He nods at her and she nods skeptically, "Okay," she says and looks back at her phone.

"You have to excuse her, she is in love with technology and will do much of anything for it." Hunk tells Keith.

The bell rings, "We need to get to class, Keith follow me." I say and we walk to my math class. When we walk in I explain to Mrs. Smith that Keith is new and didn't even have time to register with the principal yet. She nods and tells me to sit down.

I sit down at my seat and she says to the class, "Class we have a new student, Keith. Make him feel welcome here. Nyma, would you mind moving since Keith doesn't seem to know anybody but Lance, and we want him to be comfortable.

"Yes, ma'am," she grunts angrily. I want to thank Mrs. Smith, because Nyma has a crush on me. Everybody knows it, I choose to ignore her most of the time though because she's crazy. Sure she's pretty, but she's an awful person.

I think of the pretty girl Keith was talking to, who looked similar to me. He called her Princess, is she his girlfriend? I'll ask him later, I decide.

Mrs. Smith writes a problem on the whiteboard, "Okay, who would like to solve the problem? I know this is a hard one, and we haven't quite learned it yet."

Nobody raises their hand, but her eyes land on Keith. "Keith, do you know the answer?" She asks.

"Yes."

"What is it?"

Seemingly without thinking he answers, "Fifteen."

"Correct, how did you get that answer."

"Because I was taught how to years ago." He says.

"But how did you do the work?"

"Ma'am, you're the teacher, shouldn't you know how to find the answer?"

Her smile fades, "Yes, and I do. I'm just asking so maybe you could explain to the class."

"You're the teacher, shouldn't you be the one explaining it?" He asks more confused than sarcastic.

"I don't like this tone mister." She says sternly and he tilts his head. "You have one last chance to tell me how you got the answer or you're getting detention."

His eyes widen but he tells her how he solved the problem. I don't understand most of what he says and by the look Mrs. Smith gives him, she doesn't either.

I glance around and see James Griffin, the bully of the school, smirking at Keith.