Chapter 18

Squid

        We head back to Stampy's house to check on him. Me and Finnball thought It'd be pointless to leave him in the hospital, since we didn't have anything to help his coma, so we brought him into his room. "I'm nervous," I say. "Why?" Finnball asks curiously. "If he's awake, he might attack me again, what if he doesn't remember I'm his best friend?" I ask shakily. "If he's awake, I can promise you he won't hurt you. You saw his face after he realized he hurt you," Finnball reassures me. "Yea, I did."

        We open the door to see Stampy still laying on his bed. He looks so peaceful, but I know better. When I went into a coma, I dreamt about Lee, and that wasn't very pleasant. Sqaishey walks over to him slowly and grabs his paw. "Stampy, can you here me?" she whispers, "Please wake up." I see his paw twitch a little, then tense up.

        "He squeezed my hand!" Sqaishey exclaims. "I think he's trying to wake up," I say. I see his paw twitch a little again. "Yea, he is. This is his only way to communicate with us before he wakes up," I confirm. His paw twitches a little more. "He squeezed me harder! Come on, Stampy, you can do this!" she encourages. "You can do it, Stamps!" I cheer. His paw starts twitching a little more, and suddenly he sits up. Sqaishey immediately hugs him, and he looks startled for a moment. "Stampy!" I yell, running over to hug him.

        I tackle him down just after Sqaishey moves out of the way. "I was so worried!" He looks up at me. "Squid, no offense, but this is really weird," he says, his voice muffled in my shoulder. "Right. Sorry, bro," I apologize. He smiles and sits back up. "So, what's going on? And where's Ash?" he asks. "Ash...vanished when he and Squid were going to Squid's house. Squid thinks it might've been...Hit The Target," Finnball says.

        Stampy's smile turns into a frown. "We've gotta help him!" he yells. "We are Stamps, today. But you're staying here," I say to him. "Why?" he asks sadly. "Stampy, you just woke up from a coma! You're definitely staying behind!" Amy exclaims. "I'll stay with you,if you want," Sqaishey offers. He smiles at her and gives her another hug. "That'd be great," he smiles.

        "Anyway, we've gotta go. We'll see you guys soon!" Finnball says. We head out of his room and walk outside. During the long trek to the fortress, no one says a word. I guess there's nothing to say. Ash could be... dead, for all we know. I feel tears start running down my face and quickly wipe them away. "Don't worry, Squid. I'll protect you guys," a voice whispers in my ear. I'd know that voice anywhere. "Lee?" I whisper. I hear a laugh. "The one and only," he laughs. "Is Ash okay?" I ask him, still trying to be quiet so no one else hears me and thinks I'm crazy. "I can't say. Don't ask why," he answers. "Anyway, I've gotta go. But I won't leave your side, trust me," he says. I can sense him smiling, but I don't know how.

        I look ahead of me to see HTT's massive fortress looming above us. In comparison, we look like ants next to an elephant. "Here goes nothing," Rosie says. We draw our swords, and walk inside.

Stampy

        "How're you feeling?" Sqaishey asks me once the others left. "Okay, I guess. It just makes me nervous that they're going to rescue Ash from HTT, and I have no idea what's gonna happen to them. Or even if Ash is still alive," I answer. "Stampy, don't think like that! They're gonna be fine. Finnball told me his plan, and it's foolproof. Trust me," she smiles. I smile back at her. "Thanks, Sqaishey."

        "Anyway, you must be hungry!" she says. I open my mouth to object when my stomach rumbles loudly. She giggles and walks out of my room. I really hope that they can  help Ash. Every time I think of HTT it makes a shiver go down my spine. He killed Lee and he almost killed me. I could've prevented him from dying.

        "It's not your fault, Stampy. I chose to die," a voice says. "Lee?" I ask in surprise. "Yep, it's me," he says. "How can I hear you? Am I going crazy?" I ask him shakily. "No, Stampy. Somehow I can communicate with you. Same with Squid," he reassures me. "So you can talk to Squid and me?" I ask. "Yes," he clarifies. "Are they okay?" I ask him. "I can't say. Don't ask why," he says. "How did you know I'd ask?" I ask in surprise. "Because you're just like Squid," he laughs. "Anyway, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you soon, Stampy," he says. 'Bye, Lee."

        Did Lee really just speak to me telepathically? "Stampy? Who were you talking to?" Sqaishey asks when she walks in. "Myself. I was just thinking," I lie. "About what?" she asks. "Lee. I miss him," I answer. "Me too," she says, and hands me some carrots. "Carrots? Sqaishey!" I whine. "If you finish, you get cake after," she teases. "Okay!" I agree, and wolf down the carrots.

Ash

        I wake up with a massive headache. What happened? I look in front of me and there is another sign. It says 'You must choose, or I will choose for you!' Who is this? I go over to the lucky blocks. Left or right? Without hesitation, I begin punching the block on the right. For some reason that one seems like it'd be the lucky one. It breaks, and nothing happens. Did I choose the good one? Suddenly I can't feel anything under my feet and I fall down a slide once again.

        I fall down in another cage, but this time it's made of bedrock and iron bars. There's no way I'm gonna get out of this. I look up to see a glass ceiling, but above it is lava. There's a lever juat outside my cell, with a sign next to it that says 'Lava Release.' Now I'm in a lava trap. Best thing ever. I hear a door open, but I don't know where it is.

        I look to the side of me to see Hit The Target. I run at him but he simply puts his hand forward and I'm unable to move. "No, no, no. Stay there, while I make sure that you don't escape," he says. He waves his hand and my arms are pulled to the side of my body. A black rope quickly wraps itself around me and I collapse. Luckily I can still speak, but I have nothing to say. What in the world just happened?

 Hey Kitty Cats! I have amazing news! This book has reached over 600 reads!!!! Oh my gosh!! And apparantly, most of you guys are from Australia, so that's something I didn't know. I hope you guys are enjoying this book. And I'm thinking about writing a book about stuff that happens to me everyday. And my life is like a sitcom, so I thought it'd be fun. Let me know if you want me to do that. And, Happy New Year guys! Do you have any resolutions? I don't, I feel bad. Anyway... that's it. Peace out, Kitty Cats!