Chapter 19

Finnball

        We quietly sneak in to HTT's castle. All I can hear is my breath. Where could Ash possibly be? "Squid?" I whisper. "Yea, bro?" "Do you know where Ash could be?" I ask him. "Maybe. This place is a maze, but there's a few areas I know. Follow me," he gestures to me to go left. Rosie and Amy follow us without asking. He leads me into a dark room and starts feeling around the wall. The lights flicker and then come on. "There we go," he whispers.

        He looks around, then runs through the room. I see arrows flying around, barely missing him. He does flips and cartwheels to dodge them. Once he gets to the end he turns around to see our shocked faces. "That's my way. You can do it however you want," he says, smiling. I see Amy step forward. She sprints through the arrows so fast, all I can see is a pink flash. Then she's standing next to Squid, grinning. "Woah, Amy!" Rosie says. Amy laughs a little before beckoning us to follow.

        I go forward, and take a deep breath, before running through. I look to the side to see an arrow shooting straight at my leg. Just before it hits, I flip into the air,  stick out my sword and deflect all the arrows, and land perfectly. I run through the rest to see Amy and Squid, mouths gaping in awe. I grin. "And that," I say, pausing for dramatic effect, "is how it's done."

        I turn to see Rosie getting ready to run. She slides her sword into it's holder, then swings her bow over her shoulder. "You look like Katniss, darling!" Amy exclaims. Rosie gives her a side smile before sprinting through the arrows. Right before she makes it through, zombies start spawning. "Rosie!" I yell. She pulls her bow from her shoulder and grabs an arrow. She starts shooting the zombies coming at her and running through all the arrows. She leads the zombies in front of the dispensers, so they take all the arrows instead of her. She runs into Amy's arms and hugs her. "That was scary," she breathes.

        "Don't worry," Squid says as he walks into the next room, "we're almost theeeere!" His voice fades as he falls down a hole that randomly appeared in the ground. "Squid!" I yell. Without a thought, I jump down after him, ignoring the screams of Rosie and Amy. I land on my butt in another room right next to Squid, who seems unhurt. "That was unexpected," he pants. "No kidding," I say as I get up. I hear loud screams above which I can only assume is Amy and Rosie. Me and Squid scramble out of the way and Rosie and Amy land right where we were standing. "That was fun!" Amy squeals.

        "Through there. That's gotta be where he is," Squid says, pointing at a door to my right. We slowly tip-toe inside to see Ash in a bedrock and iron bar cage, with black ropes around his body. Above him, sloshing around on the top, is lava. "Ash!" Squid yells running at the cage. Ash turns to look at us. "Don't, Squid!" he yells in panic, but he's too late.

        Squid freezes on the spot, hovering just off the ground, with a black outline around him. I see HTT step out from another doorway, his hand stretched straight out and pointed at Squid "Well, well, well. If it isn't iBallisticSquid. I didn't think you'd have the guts to come back here, especially with the powers I have now," he says. I turn back to the girls and put my finger up to my mouth, telling them to stay quiet. Luckily, Ash nor Hit The Target have noticed us, so we can hide in the corner of the room until the time is right. "I'm going to release you now, but only because it's straining my arm to keep you like this. You will not move, or I will glue you to the spot," he says.

        Hit The Target lowers his arm, and I see Squid fall to the ground. Was he able to breathe? Fortunately, he doesn't look back at us, so no one knows we're there. "Now, I assume you're here to rescue your friend, am I correct?" he asks. Squid nods slowly. "Don't you dare hurt him!" Ash yells. "I won't, I'm just asking questions," he says slyly.