It wasn't supposed to happen (Part 2)

Popppy woke up. She felt no pain. She was on fluffy bed that was nice, warm, all she needed from it. But still, she decided to get up. She stood up and felt her foot step onto something fluffy. It was a cloud. She looked up and saw the only troll she was looking for.

Branch...

He was here! And standing, smiling, laughing, simply, breathing! She ran up to him, hugging him from behind. He turned around in surprise but then he saw HER. Big smile grew on his face as he hugged back. They let go of each other, then he frowned.

"Poppy... what are you doing.... HERE?"- he asked, looking almost upsed.

"Same as you! Barb shot me! I wanted to be here! You're here and.... I can't live without you."- she said in sad tone.

"B-but what a-about the other trolls?"

"I don't know, but hopefully Barb realized that ultimate power cord is nothing good. I hope two dead trolls are enough for her."

Branch looked down. She can't stay. She's way too important for her kingdom, her friends, her father. She still has life to live down there. He hasn't. He was so deep in his thoughts he didn't even noticed Poppy went away. He turned around, only to find her talking with her mother and his grandmother. She looked really happy but he had to take it away from her.

"Poppy..."- he said walking towards her. She turned around, facing him and let go of her mother's hands.

"What is it Branchie?"- she asked with a wide smile, showing most of her teeth.

"C-can we t-talk? In private?"- he asked in shaky voice. He hated himself for what he was going to do. They both walked to the edge of the cloud, beautiful view could be seen. Poppy was amazed but Branch on the other hand was about to cry. One think he knew was that he can't escape. He already tried but.... Maybe she can.

"Poppy, I don't think you belong up here, not yet."

"Huh? Branch, what are you talking about?"

He sighed sadly. It hurt. He wanted nothing more than be with her forever but, this is not how it was supposed to work out. They'd be together if they'd defeated Queen Barb, no when they're dead. This is not their happily ever after. She saw sad look on his face, she knew something was wrong.

"Branch? You k-know I love you right?"- she asked. He smiled. He always wanted to hear this but, not here, not like this, not after they........ emmm........ died. She has to go back. But before she'll get back to life he decided he'll do one more thing.

He kissed her.

Poppy was surprised but melted into sweet kiss wrapping her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist in return, then he picked her up. He took a few steps to the edge of the cloud feeling air surrounding his tippy toes from below. Then he pulled away and looked in her eyes that were sparkling with joy. "Poppy, I think you should go back down. I think you still have things to finish. I think you still have people to love down there." Branch said. Poppy's eyes widened when she realized what was happening. He was the only thing that was holding her back from the fall. She was hanging above the void and on the end of it was world of the one's that was alive. And if he let go, she'll fall. 

"Branch! Are you crazy!?If you let go I'm gonna fall all the way down and die! TWICE!" She screamed in terror. 

"Pops, no you won't. If you fall your soul will get into your body again which will cause that you'll come alive!" He explained, looking almost happy. 

She looked below herself again. "Okay..." She sighed. "I'll go back if you can tell me you're for 100% sure you can't go with me." She said and he just nodded.

"As I said before, I already tried." 

"Okay.."

"Ready?"

"No, But do it."

"Goodbye Queen Poppy, I love you."

"Goodbye King Branch, and, I love you more. I'll live down there without you and it's my royal duty to have kids but remember that you will always be my king and the one I love the most."

"I will..."

She gave him a peck on lips and nodded. She felt his hands shaking, but they let go. She fell and fell and fell... 

THUD!

Familiar feeling welcomed her back. Pain. She almost forgot how it felt to be in pain. Even 7  minutes without it were perfect. She actually lived 7 minutes in heaven. Ironic. She opened her eyes ratter fast. It took her eyes a few seconds but she saw her father, Prince D, Cooper and their parents. Then she realized who was missing. Branch. She knew he was dead but she suddenly had a huge urge to check on him. She sat up, rapidly and went to take a look at Branch. Everyone was watching her in shock. But who wouldn't. Just a few seconds before they thought she was dead. The scar on her side was no longer bleeding, but she still felt a bit weak. 

She wrapped her arms around Branch. "I'm sorry Branchie! I'm going to keep my promise because I love you! I really love you! I'm really sorry I had to leave you there!" She said crying again. All trolls around was watching her in shock. She pulled away from him and sat on her knees next to him. "I'm so sorry..." She whispered once more and hugged herself. 

"I FELL!!!" Suddenly Branch sat up and with a scream. He was breathing heavily, just barely keeping himself up, but no wonder; he lost a lot of blood. 

"Branch!?" He heard a voice scream from beside him. 
"P-Popp-py?" He asked in weak voice.  

"BRANCH!" She screamed and wrapped her hands around him again. He groaned in pain. She almost forgot about the cut he had on his chest. "Oh me Gosh I'm so sorry!" She said as she pulled away. She reached for his vest, pulled it of and covered his wound with it. 

It took a few minutes but he started to breath calmly again and pain looked like it softened a bit. 
"Branch? Are you feeling better?" she asked. He slightly nodded and smiled at her. She smiled back at him. 

"I- I love y-you so m-much, Queen Poppy..."

She chuckled. "I love you too, Branch." She whispered as she rested their foreheads together. "I love you so much!" 

~♥~

A/N: Okay this was a trash but duh what can I do. I think my writing sucks right now. Eh.

1132 words  

See you in the future!

~Suzy