Chapter 4 |Her disregard, his hell|

A week later, the storm that arose days ago still hadn't calmed yet. Yes the blunder had died down partially but the uncertainty remained identical.

There was a lot of desolation in the air, one that wouldn't die down easily, the one only time would decrease.

A lot of ugly quarrels, fights and wrangling had taken place in the Raizada house since that day.

On that certain night a week back subsequent to returning home from Khushi's house, Arnav met his Dadi at the entrance of the house and lost his infamous short temper.

He blamed her for his destroyed life, for being a bad mother-in-law to his mother, for giving birth to a piece of shit who further welcomed another beast which was him in this ill-starred world. He yelled at her, screamed, for ruining his Khushi like that. If what he had done to Khushi wasn't enough, his dadi too jumped in to create havoc in Khushi's life without a reason. What was her right? Who the hell was she to choose for him? To object him?

Dadi after so much humiliation, being denounced and berated tremendously by her Chotey had no power to face him or anyone else because they had finally found out that she was indeed behind this with Shyam supporting her every action. Arnav chastised her which she deserved. So she did what she was best at, she escaped. She escaped before anyone could look for her, before they could question her furthermore.

To the Raizadas it felt like a relief, having gotten rid of a boor coward like her. Such bilk leaving itself was a blessing. 

But the elephant in the room still remained that was Arnav and his unacceptable behavior the other day. What he did to Khushi was beyond atrocious and completely out of lane. Everyone was skeptical about how their future would proceed. Some uncertain if Khushi'd ever give him a chance because of what he did that night, that could never deserve a second chance.

Arnav had no guts to face her since that night so he did what was in his hands, he beseeched Khushi for forgiveness to which she remained vastly unresponsive. He understood that but it was simultaneously killing him alive. One thing he couldn't tolerate was ignorance, it disturbed him awfully and that was exactly what she was doing.

After not being able to wait more, he'd gone to her house. She didn't open the door or her window, letting him get wet in the pouring cold rain. The next tries also failed just like the first.

Later she'd sent all her jewelry, the Natraj Murti, the award she'd won on Payal and Akash's sangeet, his mother's bangles, the clothes, basically everything that was given to her from the Raizadas and him, she returned back to them through Payal who came back to Raizada house after a week.

Payal was extremely indignant and was against coming back to Shantivan but it was Garima who told her about the responsibility of a daughter-in-law she now had, which was the reason she came back. She didn't care about communicating with others, didn't care if she was performing the daughter-in-law duties immaculately. The turbulent relationship she shared with her husband hadn't eased, and would not very easily.

By Khushi's actions it looked to the family members that she was done with them, done with Arnav.

They still had hope in their hearts but little did they know that hope was useless.

************************************************
A short one, I know. Next chapter will be longer. Do vote and let me know what you think about it!
Stay safe!
-A 💕