Chapter 7 |Fighting battles|

"Be ready to face the destruction then." He challenged.

She fell weak. Her fatigued body was losing
against staying woke to fight her battles.

"K-khushi!" He held her shoulder as he saw her sway, her eyes shutting. "Khushee!" The next second was she on his chest, unconscious. His orbs filled with remorse as he shook her, calling out her name, patting her cheek.

Bringing her to her bed, he instantaneously phoned his family doctor, ordering him to arrive as soon as he could.

Garima, barged in her daughter's room to inform Arnav how his family had stopped by hence he could now take his leave along with them. But she stood dumbstruck with terror, and suddenly fell aphonic by the view in front of her.

Her daughter lay unconscious on the bed, with the monster of a man hovering over her.

"What did you do to her?" She screamed so harshly she chocked.

Raizada family who had come to apologize for the umpteenth time, stood up abruptly upon Garima's deafening scream. They had learned how Arnav had also came to see Khushi. They hoped to see nothing tragic again.

But the universe wasn't on their side for as they rushed their way to the other room, gasps of shame left their mouth. Khushi lay unmoving on the bed with Arnav seated next to her, holding her hand.

What on earth did he do?

Questions upon questions were thrown upon his bowed head. 'How did this happen?', 'What did you do?', 'May God curse you!' He had heard it all. What was the reason of so many curses when he had been cursed since the day he was born, he smiled sadly. He ran his hand through his hair in vexation, aggravated by the doctor's tardiness.

If it wouldn't have been for Garima sprinkling cold water on Khushi's face and Anjali rubbing her feet, she would've still been embraced by darkness. The minute the wet drops hit her face, she scrunched her face and opened her eyes slowly, holding her head which throbbed terribly.

The next second he was by her side. "Are you ok? Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well?"

Hearing his bullshit exacerbated her headache and she shoved him away. His eyes widened yet he grasped on his patience. "Let's get you to the hospital. The doctor is taking way too long to get here." He tried holding her up but she wouldn't budge and pushed him off.

"I don't want to go anywhere."

He sat at the edge of the bed, cupping her cheek. "Look Khushi! I know I've hurt you really bad this time. It's almost unforgivable-"

"Almost unforgivable?" She whispered looking at his apologetic face. "It's not almost unforgivable. It is unforgivable! You literally made fun of our consummation on the wedding day, and had the nerve to call me a slut knowing well it was only you who I had been intimate with."

She starting laughing like a maniac. "Yes people! He fucked me. It was the mighty Arnav Singh Raizada who took my virginity a day before our wedding and then called me a whore the next day."

Loud gasps were heard, yet again. Thousand assumptions clouded everyone's mind.

Anjali hesitantly asked Khushi the question she was dreading. "Khushiji is it possible... is it possible for you to be-"

Khushi understood her incomplete sentence and was swift to answer back. "No, don't worry. I'm not pregnant, he was clever enough to not put a baby in me. Guess he had all this planned a long time ago so why would he complicate it by bringing a child in his revenge."

She turned her gaze to his appalled eyes. "Do you still not believe that I didn't deliberately crash your fashion show in Lucknow. Usi ka badla ley rahe ho ab tak? Still hating me for that huh?"

"What is this nonsense you're spitting Khushi?" He growled. "Forget it! I'm taking you to the hospital, you don't seem in your right senses."

"Even if I am in my right senses, you've always considered me stupid. Not knowing how much of it you actually are."

Her words hit like a knife, deep in his heart. He felt horrible, such a bloody sinner he was to force her to change into this lunatic mess.

"Khushi listen, just calm down." He held her arm, stroking gently. "Khushi you don't seem ok, come, let's go to the hospital. You can later say everything you want to. Fight with me as much as you want to. Let's go!" He pulled her to himself in order for her to stand.

"Leave me before I murder you then myself." Her eyes ablaze as she spat the words on his face.

Everyone was quick enough to pull him away from her and shove him outside. He left with numerous emotions running wild inside him. As of now, he was numb, her last words had made his life shatter.