Chapter 5 |Destructing memories|

Khushi had made up her mind. She wasn't going to sit still and let depression take over and rule her life. Her name was Khushi, not dukhi for heavens sake. She was done being taken for granted. She loved him, but the way things had taken a turn on that day, she'd be damned if she ever wanted to be with a person like him.

She'd seen him suffer in the last days. He'd stood in the rainfall for hours but she hadn't lifted an eye at him. He'd called numerous times, she'd ignored. He'd banged on her window, she'd turned deaf. She was in no state to see him even for a second. The things he'd done, the terribly vicious and unacceptable things he'd done the other day were still a big shock for her. She almost didn't want to believe the happenings but she knew she had to come to terms with his barbarity.

She wasn't going to marry him again. No matter what happened. She had decided that she would leave Delhi after taking care of a couple things, arranging them to her own liking and to her parents comfort and then departing for a fresh start. She wasn't a dog who's leash was in Arnav's hand and if she went back to him that would prove it to her that she was indeed what she thought to be.

She comforted herself of letting her love go by thinking about all the people who died in unfortunate events, leaving their better halves to suffer behind.

Those people also survived right? She questioned herself.

What she didn't know was that they surely survived often times without their better halves but definitely with great difficulty.

Her mind kept making the most insane and impossible assumptions about everything in life, but who was there to blame the mind? The poor organ had went through the most severest trauma ever, unbalancing everything internally.

But she didn't give up. She'd always hated those people in the movies she watched who gave up on everything after being heartbroken. She accepted it was hard and now that she herself was going through it, she understood the meaning of it but still, her life didn't revolve around Arnav only. Leaving him would puncture a perpetual hole in her heart, there would always be a missing piece there, in her soul, but she was tired now.

"You've destroyed more than a year because of this stupidity called love. What was the need to always run after him after he treated you worse than animals? You were supposed to never give him attention. You know what? It's all your fault you dumb women. Your fault that you let him take your advantage, your fault for letting him manipulate you, your fucking fault for loving him. Couldn't you pay attention to other things except just being his wife? There was so much you could do, so much you could achieve this year, yet you let him rule and destroy you." She helplessly cried, destroying everything that came in her view.

A sudden realization hit her and she quickly got up and starting picking up the innocent things from the floor and rearranging them on their assigned places.

Why are you behaving like a mental patient? I'm fine aren't I? Yes, I am. I'm completely fine. She fought with her mind, not being able to accept what she just did.

Slumping down on the door of her bedroom she covered her mouth with her hands, stifling the vociferous sobs. She realized how her parents weren't home. Walking over to her window she closed it and drew the curtains. She broke the silence with her weeping. She cried, shrieked, screeched as loud as she wanted to. She strode over to her cupboard and pulled out a suitcase. Unzipping it between her loud sobs, she pulled out the picture from the bottom, one she had of him and her.

She stared at their picture keenly, it was from their engagement. Anjali had gifted it to her right after the celebration. It was one of the most beautiful gifts she'd gotten that day, one of the most memorable. She had at that moment known exactly where to put it in their room, swiftly found the perfect spot for it.

But now? Now there was anything but happiness she felt towards this picture. An agonizing pain settled in her fragile heart, urging her to put her hand on her chest to try to rub the excruciating pain away.

"ARRGGHH!" She elicited a deafening scream from deep within her throat, choking heavily.

Taking the picture in her hands she gave it a last long stare before destructing it.

With another loud scream, she threw the picture away causing the glass frame to scatter in a million shards. When she saw that picture inside remained untouched, she ran like a maniac, not caring if the tiny shards were hurting her feet and took a hold of it and tore it into pieces, the pieces which weren't now capable of sticking together because of how heartlessly they were torn apart, much like her life.

Collapsing down on the hard floor, she saw the  vision of the cruel flashbacks, making her a crying mess yet again.

"So this was the destiny you wrote for me Devi Maiya?" She asked a last question to her goddess before falling into the world of darkness.

**********************************************
I've seen a lot of DMs of people not getting notifications from my stories. Most of them didn't follow me so I suggested about following me but if you already follow me but are facing the same problem, I'd say unfollow me then follow me back again, heard that it helps. Wattpad has these glitches going around sometimes.

Anyway, do vote and comment! :)