16

2 days later
"so you would rather have feet for ears?" He laughs "I mean I wouldn't want penis as eyes would I?" I laugh. I lay down and look up and the pink/orange sky. I feel Aaron lay next to me, "god their ugly" he says I look at him to see he's staring at his arm. I sigh and hold his hand "Aaron. You survived. Your still here. You have me. I'm always here okay" he nods and intertwines our fingers. I sigh leaning my head on his chest.
"Beaches still make you get lost in thought huh?" He mumbles and my eyes open. I chuckle slightly "I guess" his arms wrap round me. "What's on your mind?" He asks "i was just thinking about my dad...I don't understand how he could hurt his own child" I hear him take a deep breath "hey..he's gone. You don't have to deal with him. Your safe" he says. I just nod and look at the waves "what time is it?" He asks and I groan sitting up, looking at my phone "almost 7" "should we head back?" He asks. "I wanna swim" I say "we didn't bring swimsuits" he says "so?" I laugh and run towards the ocean, I pull my shirt over my head and take off my shorts "oh my god Eve!" I hear him laugh, I giggle and dive straight into the water when I know I'm far enough in.

My hand gets pulled up and I'm yanked up, out of the water. "You are crazy" he laughs. Suddenly he spins me round making me laugh. I slip and he grabs my waist. I stare at him for a split second "you know what. Fuck it" he says and kisses me. My hand wraps around the back of his neck as he pulls me up. We break apart and I laugh slightly "uh" he says and removes his hands. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have..." I say I feel his stare on me "your...skinny as hell" he comments. Shit. "Come on let's go home"

"I'll be back tomorrow" he says and I nod, wrapping my arms around me as the wind hits me. He hugs me and walks down to his car. I wait for him to drive away before heading back indoors. I don't understand what happened. We are friends. Just friends. Why did I kiss him? Why did he kiss me? I groan and throw myself on the couch.