9

Part 10 is the last part

———

I was back at collage now and so was griffin. We'd been dating for 8 months now. Having a long distance relationship sucked sometimes. It got hard but I knew we would be fine. I loved Griffin to death. He was pretty much the only thing keeping me going. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably be living at home and doing nothing with my life. He was my motivation, my determination. My absolute everything. We called every night and texted all the time. Neither of us could bare to be away from each other though we had to put up with the separation for a few months. Ugh it's so hard being away from the one person you love more than words could explain.

Just then, the tv screen flashed red and said

'BREAKING NEWS: mass explosion at Harvard University. 15 dead and 23 injured'

My heart stopped. I grabbed my phone and called griffin. No answer. I rung another 5 times, tears welling in my eyes. No answer. I quickly went online and booked a ticket straight to Boston. The plane left in 3 hours. I packed a small bag and rushed to the airport. A million thoughts were rushing through my mind. All horrible ones. All potentially true.

———

The plane was halfway through the journey and I was looking through the news. It had a list of the dead and a list of the injured. Griffins name wasn't on the death list but when I checked the injured list, his name was there.

GRIFFIN GLUCK (Critical condition)

It had his hospital on there as well and by now the tears were streaming. I called his phone again and again but he didn't pick up.

———

The taxi was almost at the hospital and when it parked, I paid the guy and sprinted inside. I told the nurse who I was and she showed me to his room. He was laying in the hospital bed, a large bandage on his shoulder and one near his stomach. "GRIFFIN!" I exclaimed through tears. I rushed over to his side, he was unconscious but I hugged him tightly, crying uncontrollably. Why did this have to happen to him?