chapter 4

(Above is a picture of Rose and Luke during a trip in Dubai.)

As a full-fledged adult Cordelia feelt ashamed to cry this way in front of a child, her's nonetheless.

The one who truly needed to cry was Ayato himself.

The words that she had just told him, were those she wanted him to listen to for over 20 years, Rose was desperate for them to finally be able to reach him.

"You're not worthless. You aren't a bad child, it isn't your fault." Just how much she wanted to return and give Ayato these simple word? Only Cordelia and Satan know how much. Not only to calm down her guilt conscience but because she truly love him even back in her first life, she always did.
Albeit in her own twitsed way but she still did.

She wondered when did she became so pathetic.

Ayato despite feeling dazed, he sensed a sweet taste from being called a good child.

His mother was used into crushing ever bite of his self-esteem since he was born.

She only praised him once when he made a castle of sand but immediately mocked him by telling Ayato to not get cocky if the castle isn't real.

"Let's go to sleep" She told Ayato and he noded.

"Good night and sweet dreams." Cordelia kissed Ayato in the forehead and he blushed.
That time instead of the coffin Cordelia sleeped with Ayato in the bed.

Next morning :

Cordelia opened her emerald green eyes slowly as the rays of the blazing reached her out from the window.

She saw that Ayato was still sleeping in a messy order.

After observing his sleeping face for a while she changed her indoor clothes to outdoor ones.

She put the quilt back on Ayato's then leave the room without causing the slightest sound.

*Yawn*
Cordelia wished she would have morning tea but the tea belonging to this period was simply awful.

Even though she know how to made it, from picking the leafs to brewing, but she highly doubt that she'll be allowed to.
Although she got out to shopping with Laito but it can be explained as a sudden urge. As of how she knew how to made exceptional well tea that is unheard for? As of now, that would be basically screaming that she's an assassin impersonating the vampire king's first wife.

She already alarmed many by yesterday's behavior.

Letting that aside, she wondered what she could do to save the other brothers.

Although she had no interest in her step-sons but she was still an indirect cause for their twitsed growth.

She owes Shu, Reiji and Subaru that much after all.

Most importantly she had the selfish motive of them being on better term with the triplets. In case if any of them became the next vampire king they would not kill her sons.

Although she dislikes putting her children into a double-edged sword like brotherhood, she still had to take the risk or she may come to regret it.

Cordelia herself didn't realize that it would be a descion she will be thankful for in the future.

But at the moment she only strolled down the mansion to Laito's room cluelessly.

She opened the door and it caused a creack which taked the attention of Laito who was rubbing his eyes.

Cordelia feelt as if a cupid's arrow was shot in her heart.

'Kawaii~! As expected my child is the cutest!'

"Mother, good morning."

"Good morning!"

'How well behaved' She couldn't resist reaching out to pinch his cheeks.

Cordelia had only one word in describing Laito's current expression : Pikachu

Then she hear a grumbling sound.

Two to be exact.
As if the world stopped working, Cordelia and Laito seemed frozen in the midst of time.

'Ah...'

The mother and son pair's faces couldn't be any redder.

"Emm... Hungry?" Laito was the first to break the silence.

Cordelia just nodded blankly.

It had been a while since she had blood, as Rose she thirsted for it but didn't drink it as she know that a human's taste function is different from a vampire's.

As of now, she could even kill for blood.

Well she totally forgot about getting a prey since she was preoccupied with the triplets mainly Laito.

_Guys! Let's be frank. The one who Cordelia is most apologetic about is Laito, not Ayato whom she almost drowned and tortured from a tender age nor Kanato who did the most ugly things to get a crystal from her attention regardless of the impact on him or others whether be it physically, emotionally or physiologically.

Laito became as perverted as she was and also couldn't distract between right and wrong like how Karleinz forced her into becoming to.

The similarities naturally caused her to be feel closer to Laito.

She walked out of the room to let Laito change his clothes.

'Just now that I remember should I get Kanato to join us?' Cordelia pondered and decided to but she still stood in front of the Laito's room.

Soon Laito opened the door wearing regular clothes.

He was surprised to see Cordelia standing by the door that he blinked his eyes.

'Was she perhaps waiting for me? Impossible, right?' Laito however tossed his thoughts and just called out Cordelia cheerfully.

Cordelia, as if she can read his thoughts, wondered why people in this world are so nonchalant.

'As expected of a yandere Otome game material.'

She shrugged then smiled the same way she used to do to her children as Rose.

Laito strangely feelt relaxed and safe? Because of her smile.

Wasn't he always safe?

'Strange...' Laito though he should ask his father if he's sick, his heart is ticklish for some reason.

... Maybe also ask about his mother

Outside Kanato's room:

Cordelia knocked in the door but no answer came to her disappointment.

"Is he perhaps in the "doll's" room...?" Cordelia murmured uneasily with a hint of worry which Laito was able to catch.

'So he is venting on these dolls again... ' Laito really didn't want to go there he really hate the scent of his brother's finished 'work'.

Cordelia naturally noticed his reculance and told him to wake Ayato up so he can play with him before he hand her over his homework. She also told Laito to start study in the library by the afternoon.

She didn't forget the homework he promised her. Although she won't press Ayato like she did in the past but suprevation is a most.

'They sleeped in the same room?' That was Laito's first thought.

But he still obtiently listened to his mother and woke up Ayato 'gently'.

(Ayato: Gentle!? MY A**! Like hell he did!)