WILDFLOWERS

"life is tough, my darling, but so are you

"life is tough,
my darling,
but so are you."

W I L D F L O W E R S
an atla/sokka fic
book one -> book three
written by lizzie!!

"whatever our souls
are made of,
his and mine
are the same."

SPENDING HER WHOLE LIFE FOLLOWING A NOMADIC LIFESTYLE, TRAVELING FROM ONE PLACE TO THE NEXT, MIRAI HAD SEEN HOW WAR CAN CHANGE A PERSON. It drained them of any ounce of hope or happiness and filled them instead with a new found bitterness and hatred towards anything the world has to offer.

Mirai's mother always told her that the spirits had blessed her with a kind soul, that even with all the hatred and awfulness the universe threw at her relentlessly without hesitation, Mirai still remained good-hearted.

But the universe had been deprived of love and affection for too long. They mistook her kindness for weakness, Mirai was anything but weak.

Her father taught her to wield the daggers that she kept strapped to both sides of her hip, her mother taught her to use her speed and agility to her advantage when fighting the enemy, and where to land hits on her opponent's body that would leave them temporarily paralyzed. Mirai is skilled, Mirai is a fighter, Mirai is a warrior.

She was like the wildflowers that always seemed to grow no matter where she went. Forced to face the wrath of the cruelest of storms, but still rising once again in the most ruined of places and able to still stand tall with its beauty even in the midst of its burned down blackened surroundings.

The world is a cruel place that will stop at nothing to bring Mirai down, but Mirai is stronger than the wickedness of the world. Mirai is the beautiful wildflowers that always manage to rise back up, no matter what is thrown its way.

So when Mirai meets the Avatar (Who Mirai couldn't believe was a child that looked no more than twelve, despite being over a hundred years old!)  and is given the opportunity to act as a travel guide to bring the Avatar to the north pole so he can master water bending and finally put an end to this never ending war, she can't help but say yes. Not to mention, a certain sarcastic boy from the Southern Water Tribe, that Mirai couldn't help but feel a connection with, would be traveling with them as well.

MEET THE GAANG!
————————————————————

LANA CONDOR AS
MIRAI