02

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

MIRAI CURRENTLY STOOD IN FRONT OF A STAND SELLING BAKED GOODS, WAITING FOR THE BAKER TO GRAB HER A COUPLE OF RED BEAN BUNS. ( Mirai's favorite sweet treat!) After helping Katara carry the food back to the room they were staying in, Katara introduced her to Appa, a fluffy, flying bison that Mirai did not know still existed, and helped her place her items on the back of his saddle. It did not take them long since Mirai travelled very light and could pretty much fit all of her supplies into a pack she carried on her back. Since Katara was still miffed from her conversation with Aang, she decided it was best to leave the girl alone, not wanting to risk facing Katara's angry wrath.

She heard scurried footprints approach in her direction, turning her head calmly towards the sound she saw Sokka heading towards her, a look of humiliation and embarrassment on his face.

"I'm guessing your attempt to teach the Kyoshi Warriors some of moves didn't work out very well for you." She concludes, the boy now standing at her side. She hands the baker a couple of copper pieces in exchange for her buns and gives the man a quick thanks before walking away, Sokka still next to her.

He tilts his head down towards the ground, cheeks blushing red, embarrassed.  "They think they are so great, but they're not, they're still just a bunch of girls." He begins to rant.

Despite getting his butt kicked multiple times in a row, Sokka has yet to learn his lesson, and Mirai realizes it is up to her to give the boy some words of wisdom. She holds out her hand, offering him one of her buns, which he gladly accepts, and asks him a question.

"Sokka, you're a warrior are you not?"

He nods his head a lets out a muffled yes, his mouth full of red bean.

"Then you should know that a true warrior knows when to accept their defeats and chooses to learn from their mistakes and losses instead, allowing them to become a better fighter." She tells him.

Sokka swallows his food and remains quiet for a moment, processing what Mirai had said to him.

He opens his mouth to speak, "What should I do then?"

She smiles softly at his response, her words of wisdom having gotten through to him.

"Do what I said. Stop denying your defeat, accept it and learn. Speaking from personal experience, I've been taught different fighting styles from all over the world, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect, I still have a lot to learn. Go see Suki again and ask her to teach you their style of fighting. Become a better warrior. Be like me and learn wherever you go." She advises.

He lets out a sigh. "You're right, but can you come with me this time? Please." He begs giving her pleading eyes, similar to the one's Katara gave her earlier.

Must run in the family.

"Fine." She responds, caving in. "Let's go."

_____________________________________________