Finding Love

All I could think about was Deja and how I haven't communicated with her since the incident at my place. I grabbed my phone and tried calling her, but there was no answer. I tried again a few more times and got the same result in return. I was beginning to worry about her. I need to know if she is okay.

      I was well out of the house before dawn. It's dark outside but it didn't stop me from leaving. I thought of all the places in atlanta I could find Deja, but she wasn't there. She hasn't even returned my phone calls. Maybe she think it's the cops calling her.

   My stomach started growling. I looked around to see where I was. I know I am 3 blocks from home but I never stayed around here to eat. I haven't even noticed the Texas Roadhouse they just built. If they just built it. I haven't been to Texas Roadhou- Texas! That's it. Deja came from texas so it's likely for her to go back. I sprint home, go inside just to grab a bag with clothes, a picture of Deja and my car keys, got in the car and left for the airport. I got a ticket for Dallas and was on my way.

*****

  When I landed, I wasn't sure where to look. She has no family here. She stayed in a nice apartment. Green Bay Apartments to be exact. She might be there.

  I pulled up in the parking lot of the rent office and went inside.

   "Hey. How may I help you?",The kind front desk lady asked.

   "Have you seen her?", I ask and shows her the picture of Deja.

    "Yes. That's Miss. Cooper. She's on apartment 257. Just around the bend and up the stairs.", She said.

   Cooper? I'm confused, but I follow her directions because I'm desperate to find Deja. I pull up in front of the apartment and got out the car. I took a deep breath once I got to the door and then knocked. A few seconds later the door opens and I'm eye to eye with Deja.

   She started hyperventilating. So I take her inside, sit her on the couch, pour her a glass of water and allow her to catch her breath and drink.

  "Your alive.", I would be shocked as well if I was in her shoes.

   "Yeah. I guess I am."

   "But you died. I know you died. I checked to see if-",she managed to say before I interrupted.

   "The Resurrection. It's like being immortal. I was indeed dead but I'm not now. I'm alive. I'm real.'

   "So you came back to life?"

   "I was put back to life. Khalil took me to a man who brings people back to life. Now I'm here again."

   There was a long, awkward silence. She stared of into space trying to process things.

   "So your really here?",she  breaks the silence.

   "Yeah... Come back to Atlanta with me. Not as 'Miss Cooper' but as Deja? As my girlfriend?"

   She looks at me. Eventually a smile came across her face, tears filled her eyes and she nodded, flinging herself at me, giving me a tight hug.

   "Don't do that shit again. You scared me!"

   "I won't try to die again. I promise."