PART 18

"You love me?" Skye asked Draco with wide eyes.

"Yeah. I do love you. I thought it was obvious." He replied with confidence.

Blaise cleared his throat and Draco and Skye looked at him. "Oh, you know. Don't mind me. I'll be leaving you two. I'll go back to my single life." And he slowly left the room.

"You do know that this won't change my decision, right?" Skye said with a firm voice.

Draco sighed and took Skye's hands. "Yeah, I am aware. I guess I'll have to trust you on this one." He looked up from their hands. "I really hope you have a plan though."

"Like you said. You'll have to trust me on this one." Skye smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The fateful day came way too fast in Draco's opinion. Skye was planning something since their 'talk' and he had no idea what it was.

"Are you nervous mate?" He asked Blaise.

Blaise turned around to face him while he was fixing his tie. "A bit. But not so much. I trust my sister and she probably has something in mind I just couldn't figure what."

Draco nodded and soon enough they heard Mrs Zabini call for them from the hall. "Boys? It's time."

They exchanged a look between them. Draco nodded with an unreadable expression on his pale face and walked to the dining room with Blaise right behind him.

When they came down he noticed Skye standing on the opposite side of the big dark table. She was wearing an emerald silk dress that hugged her body perfectly. She was gorgeous. Her eyes shined through her lashes and her lips were covered with a dark red lipstick.

She caught his gaze and offered him a kind smile. Despite her smile, there was worry swimming in her beautiful eyes. She was nervous just like everyone else in this room.

They all abruptly turned their heads towards the fireplace. The dark lord glided out of it like a ghost and sat down on the chair at the end of the table. He motioned for everyone to sit down.

There was silence. His serpent eyes were moving from one person to the other in this room until they landed on Skye. His wicked grin sent shivers down everyone's spine.

"So child. What will your decision be?" He slowly spoke, evil dripping from his words.

Skye fearlessly stared right back at him, her eyes not leaving his serpent ones. Her face didn't give away how nervous she was, a calm mask plastered on her face since the beginning of this meeting. Draco knew that despite her expression, her insides were clutched in a knot of nerves.

"I will take the mark. Right now. With my family as my witnesses." Skye replied after a minute of silence.

Voldemort smirked and slowly stood up. "Come here, child." He instructed her with his cold voice.

Skye stood up and walked towards the end of the table. She was walking with her head high, not giving Voldemort the satisfaction of fear.

"Extend your arm." He said holding out his hand, a wand in the other one. Skye did as she was told and gave him her arm. Her faded 'mudblood' scar was glowing on her tan skin.

The dark lord pressed his wand harshly into her arm. Skye gasped at the touch of his cold hands and his malicious wand that killed so many people.

He muttered something under his breath and dark magic started pouring onto Skye's arm. Her eyes widened. She bit her lip because of the pain. It was visibly hurting her but she tried to contain herself.

After around 20 seconds she couldn't keep it together anymore and a pained whimper left her lips. Voldemort smirked and added more power to the already painful interaction.

He soon lifted his wand and everything was over. "There. You will be faithful to me from this day on up until my defeat." The old man said and disappeared as fast as he arrived.

Draco released the breath he didn't know he was holding and relaxed his tensed body. Skye sat down in a chair and took a breath looking down at the mark staining her arm.

"Wait. My scar is gone." She said after observing her arm. That was the first thing Draco heard her say in a couple of days.

Her 'mudblood' scar was gone but instead, her arm was covering the Dark Mark. It was probably some twisted way of saying how muggle-borns can't be Death Eaters.

Mrs Zabini rushed around the table and hugged her daughter, holding her tightly. Blaise soon joined them and stood behind his sister but Draco stayed where he was not moving.

Skye pulled away from her mother and looked up at Draco. Their eyes met, full of different emotions. She was observing his grey eyes. She could see that he was infuriated because of the events that took place but there was also worry dancing together with rage, mixing in his eyes.

"I'll leave you kids alone so you can talk." Mrs Zabini said and left. Blaise stayed behind and sat down next to his sister, draping a hand around her shoulders, drawing small circles on her upper arm. 

Skye smiled at him and then turned her eyes back at Draco. "Hey, are you okay?" She spoke quietly, catching his attention.

He looked at her. She was beautiful even if she decided to take a mark that tainted her body and angelic soul. He admired her beauty for a second before responding. "Yes don't worry, we'll be alright."

a/n: Okay so...uhm I'm sorry for leaving like that but I won't be updating regularly because I don't know when I'll have time to write some more - I hope you liked this chapter tho <3 -Ana x