Chapter 4

"Madi, you're coming with us." Shelby crosses her arms over her chest, annoyed that I wasn't too keen on coming with the other three to go get Forest some natural colored hair dye.

"So you guys don't care I have midterms in the morning? Oh you know, it just determines if I graduate or not. No big deal." I shrug, sarcasm oozing from my voice.

"Stop overreacting. You've been studying for this for who knows how long. You're smart and capable of passing at this point. Relax a little and come to the store to get some fucking hair dye." Fireball rolled their eyes.

I sighed. "Fine. But it's cold out and tree man over here ruined my only good hoodie."

"You can wear mine." Forest took off his black hoodie, and before I could protest and say I would rather wear my pink fluffy bathrobe, he threw it over my shoulders.

"No take backs." Forest smirked, and I inwardly groaned.

"Great. Now let's get going." Shelby opened the front door, and I reluctantly followed them to the nearby store to go get some hair dye.

———

"What about this color?" Shelby held a brown hair dye box up to Forests roots.

I looked at it, and Fireball tilted their head. "It's a little too light. Go another shade darker."

Shelby just shrugs, deciding to listen to her twin. Fireball, after all, was an art major. They knew how to color match.

So Shelby grabs the shade darker previous to the one she just put back, and put it up against his roots once again.

"Definitely a better shade for sure." Shelby puts the shade in the basket around her arm.

"Are you even allowed to dye your hair?" I narrow my eyes at Forest, and he nods.

"Even though I have strict management, I'm allowed to do whatever I want with my hair as long as it doesn't affect anything in acting in."

I hum, not pressing any further. I don't want to be rude and try to investigate in his life when that already happens to him enough.

"Hey, can you two go to the snack isle and pick out candies or something? Shelby and I need to go get some...products." Fireball mouths the last word to me, and Forests face scrunches up and pales at the same time.

"Sure thing. Let's go Zoe." He grabbed my wrist and began quickly walking away from the hair dye isle. I stumbled behind him and yanked my wrist away when I caught up.

"Please stop calling me Zoe." I roll my green eyes.

"Mm, I don't think I will." He teases, and I send him a harsh glare.

We don't speak the whole time we walk to the candy/snack isle, and I followed him in an awkward silence.

When we finally got to the correct spot, I immediately grab lays potato chips half baked. That shit is like drugs to me.

"Half baked?" Forest raises a brow.

"Are you judging me?" I scrunch up my nose in distaste.

"No. They're also my favorite. So if you get those, you gotta share."

"Uh, since when did you share things with me? We barely met a few hours ago. I ain't sharing shit, get your own bag." I clutch the bag of chips close to me, and Forest smiles.

"Okay. I'll get my own bag." And suddenly, he lunges for me.

I quickly squeal and dash away from him, ready to protect my bag of chips at all costs.