Chapter 5

-Forest-

"Sit down." Shelby told me as she pulled up a chair from their small apartment table.

Before I could do it myself, Fireball pushed me down onto the chair by my shoulders, and I landed in it with an 'oomph'.

I stayed silent and watched as Zoe walked back into her room, and as the twins rushed around the apartment finding the correct things to use for dying my hair and getting the faded pink out of it.

Bowl? Check.

Hair dye brush applicator? Check

Hair dye that isn't box dye? Check

Because apparently Fireball lives by a saying that is "Life is like a box of hair dye. You never know what you're gonna get."

Zoe came out of her room eventually with her laptop, a calculator, notebook, pencils and pens.

This might sound weird, even to me, but there was something about her that was different from everyone else I had met. And I meet a lot of people, majority being my fans and teenage girls who have a Pinterest board on their phone of what their wedding with me would look like.

But Zoe didn't even give me a second glance. She seemed bored with me. She saw me as a human and not as some famous person who was just expected to smile and sign everything in your hands.

She was the one person who it seemed like she didn't care about me, but she is the one person I somehow want.

Woah. Don't jump ahead of yourself there, Forest.

A chuckle behind me snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Forest, you're practically drooling." I hear Shelby whisper to me.

I scoff. "I am not."

Fireball chimes in with a laugh. "Oh you very much are."

I just roll my eyes. "She'll hear you." I sigh back to the twins.

"Nah. She's zoned out." Shelby says as she applies some hair dye to my hair. I try not to shiver at the wet slimy feeling.

And they're right. She is staring intensely back and forth between her laptop and her notebook, jotting down whoever knows what.

"What is she doing?" I look to fireball for answers.

Fireball amusingly chewed on a red vine. "Math."

"Math?" I scrunch you my nose in distaste.

"It's her major. I don't understand why she's torturing herself with that either." They shrugged.

"She's very talented at dance, yet she chose math as her major. Not sure why because she can make a good career out of ice skating if she really wants." Shelby explained as I felt her plop more dye onto my hair.

That explains the skates in her room then. Someday I'm going to have to have her dance for me, and I'm going to make sure that we stay in contact. I can't just let this woman out of my life.

I watched her silently as she punched things into her calculator, and as her pencil glided across the paper, with a lot of flipping it upside down in her fingers to erase her mistakes.

She was studious, smart, and stable. And if she didn't think she was stable, she certainly didn't show it and let others know she wasn't. That's what I immediately liked about Zoe.

Also she didn't really seem to care about her appearance around me. All she wore were sweats, no makeup, and her blonde hair pulled up in a messy ponytail. Usually women would have their faces painted around me, and very revealing clothing.