chapter 1

"Juuuuusssst read it." Jk laughs as he buttons his dress shirt while he sits in front of him on the hotel bed.

"Alright." Tae shakes out his arms and lifts the note cards in front of his face, already dressed in his tux. "We've known each other almost our whole lives and from the start our friendship was like one continuous sleepover.." 

Tae stops when he hears Jk scoff as he starts to tie his tie. 

"What?" He sighs letting his hands fall to his sides. 

"Continuous sleepover?" He chuckles looking up at Tae with a smirk. 

"Its an allegory for our friendship and how we are growing apart." Tae huffs.

"Just what everyone wants in a best man speech. You whining about how Jimin is married noe and nothing will ever be than saaammmee." Jk dissolves into a fake sob.

"So what do you suggest then!?" Tae glares. "I am losing him. He will be one of the others. The people who get married and never have time anymore."

"Boohoo." Jk rolls his eyes. "I had time." He mumbles to himself.

Taes anger dissipates a bit. 

"Are you going to be ok?" Tae sits beside him and fiddles with the note cards.

"Its fine." Jk stands quickly and looks in the mirror parting his hair and combing it. "Not like he cared when he started sleeping with  that hoe from accounting."

"He didnt!!!" Tae looks on in shock as Jk shrugs.

"Yep." Jk sighs. "Lets fuck this party up!" 

"Lets be respectable wedding guests." He eyes his friend warily. "Plus, I heard Jung Hoseok will be here." He slips in quietly.

"The guy you kissed all of one time in college." Jk chuckles sliding his jacket on.

"It was magical!" 

"It was 2 years ago!!" 

At the reception everyone laughs when Tae brings up one of the many stories of Jimin being Jimin and raises his glasses wishing him and his new wife a happy marriage. Jimin immediately hugs him and thanks him.

"It was my pleassure." Tae smiles the best he can when Jimins new wife pulls him in for a hug. 

Its not like he hates her. He doesnt! Shes great! He just hates that he is losing his best friend. 

He flops into the seat at the singles table where Jeongguk is nursing his drink.

"Ya listen t'me." He laughs manically. 

"Are you drunk!?" Tae watches as Jk starts sliding sideways. "In the time i made a speech you got hammered?"

"Yep!" Jk lifts his glass. "If you'll excusse me." He slurs and starts dancing away. 

Tae sighs as he stands to follow running into no other than Jung Hoseok.  

"Hey! Taehyung!"