chapter 5

A day later:

After what happened in the forest of asakusa, giyu decided to carry shinobu's body all the way back to the demon slayer headquarters, after a long fight with the kakushi. When he reached the butterfly mansion, aoi was shocked to see shinobu unconscious. She asked what happened to her but giyu didn't say. She was put in the hospital ward.

Giyu's old crow then told him there was a hashira meeting tomorrow (which is today).

An hour later:
Hahira meeting:

At the ubayashiki residence, oyakata-sama called a hashira meeting, without shinobu. "Hello my beloved children how are you today?" He asked softy. "We are fine master" sanemi replied. "Thats good but before we start, giyu, can you tell us what happened on your mission and why shinobu isn't here?" He looked giyu and asked. Giyu explained what happened and how shinobu got hurt.

"Thats...troubling, so the demon you fought wasn't one of the 12 kizuki but was strong enough to hurt one of the hashira" kaguya closed his eyes to think and said absently. "Yes master" giyu said and looked to the floor in shame. 'She got hurt because of me' he thought to himself, almost in tears.

The other hashira couldn't believe that shinobu got hurt on a mission. Mitsuri was distraught at the thought of her friend getting hurt so she is going to visit her after the meeting.

After hashira meeting:

Giyu was just going to leave when somebody called his name "tomioka-san!" He turned around to see it was mitsuri. "Tomioka-san do you want me to go with you to see Shinobu-chan?" She said with a smile.  Giyu only nodded. "Hey Tomioka!!" Somebody shouted. Both he and mitsuri looked back, only to see sanemi. "What is it shinazugawa?" Giyu asked. "Where the hell do you think you are going?!!" He said with a snarl.

Giyu didn't respond, so he turned around and started to walk away. He didn't see the need to tell sanemi where he was going. "Did kocho get hurt because of you?!!" Giyu stopped and abruptly turned to sanemi. Sanemi was a bit taken aback with the look of abject horror on giyu's face. It was gone a second later though. "Yes she did" he said simply and walked away. Mitsuri quickly followed him.

They both left to the butterfly mansion to see shinobu.

Author-san:
Poor giyu😔 he blames himself for what happened. Mitsuri is such a nice friend💕😇. Giyu had a nightmare about what happened so his reaction to sanemi is understandable, still sad though😓.