Chapter 1

**1 year 1\2 later**

"Put your hands in the air where I can see them.”

         I cursed loudly, then took one last puff of my cigarette before throwing it on the ground and crushing it under my combat boot. I put my hands in the air and slowly turned around to face Officer Vega.

 “Hey Sam how’s it going?” I asked while smirking.

 “Not so good considering I had to chase you around the city,” he snapped while sending me a bone chilling glare.

 “Eh that sounds like a personal problem, and I don’t do personal problems, sorry.” I shrugged my shoulders. Sam’s face turned an unhealthy color of red, which made me fear for his health.

 “Cut the shit Stiles, because I’m not in the mood and neither is your dad,” Sam snapped at me.

        I took my arms down from their in the air positon because it was starting to hurt like a bitch. I chuckled at what Sam said.

 “He’s never in the mood so tell me something I don’t know.”

 “I get that this is all a joke to you, but what you did could have seriously injured yourself of someone. You could have killed someone Stiles. Do you think you would be able to live with that?” He asked me.

         I rolled my eyes at his over exaggeration. He and my dad were always making something out of nothing. To them shoplifting will get you in federal prison and skipping school will get you on Americas most wanted.

 “Sooo are you going to lecture me some more or arrest me, because I’d rather get arrested,” I said nonchalantly.

 “No I’m going to do you one better, how about I just take you straight to you dad?” he asked while smirking. I groaned.

 “Can’t you just arrest me instead?” I asked, while almost pleading.

 “You dug your grave Stiles, now it’s time for you to lie in it, “he said

 “What the hell does that even?” I asked in confusion.   

 He face planted then said something to himself. “Just get in the damn car”, He snapped.

 “Ok-Ok, damn no need to get snappy.”

 “God I need a drink, this kid is going to turn me into an alcoholic, “He muttered to himself thinking that I couldn’t hear him.

 “You and me both.” I said.

 “Just get in the back of the damn car,” Sam snapped while pointing to his police cruiser.

 “Can do,” I said before hopping in the back of the car.

~~~~

 “You went joy riding around New York at 100 miles over the speed limit in a stolen car, and you forgot to pick Riley up from school,” Dad yelled at me.

         When he was in the middle of his rant, I looked across his office at Riley, who was sitting down at dad’s desk pretending to do his homework. ‘I’m sorry’, I mouthed to him. ‘It’s ok’, he mouthed back. Even though he said it was ok I still felt bad. I have a weird conscience that makes me feel bad only when I do something bad to my siblings.

         Yes you heard me right when I said siblings. I’m no longer an only child, now I have four adoptive siblings. Three brothers and one sister. Their all street kids that my dad found at different times and places, while on the job, and dad being the good person he, decided that he didn’t want to see such good kids go into the system so he took them home. At first I was beyond pissed that my dad was letting strangers come live with us, but I came to love them as my brothers and sister. First theirs the Jaymi he’s 17, then theirs CJ he’s 16, then Mia she’s 16, and last but not least there’s Riley he’s 14.

 “Stiles we’re you even listening to a damn thing I just said?” Dad yelled in my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

  “No”, I answered truthfully because I knew if I said yes then he was going to ask me to repeat back to him what he was just talking about, and I had no idea what he was talking about

 “What the hell is your problem? Ever since we left Beacon Hills you’ve changed. You’ve been lying, talking back, fighting, skipping school, and stealing, this isn’t you Stiles. What happened to the nerdy, corky, smart kid I used to know?”

 I rolled my eyes before I answered, “He grew up.”

 “Is this because you and Scott stopped talking?” he asked.

         He hit a big nerve there, he knew he wasn’t supposed to talk about him. That name was forbidden to say. It killed me when Scott stopped replying to my texts, calls, and skypes. We were friends since pre- k and he just forgot about me like- like I was nothing. To pour salt on the wound basically everyone from Beacon Hills pretended like I dropped off of the face of the earth, well everyone except for Isaac, he’s been there for me for everything and I can honestly call him a best friend.

 “He had nothing to do with this,” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I gave absolutely no fucks if everyone in the police station heard me.

 “He has everything to do with this,” He yelled back at me.

         I was about to say something back to him, when I remembered that Riley was still in the room. I looked at him. “Riley go.” “But St-“, I cut him off. “Go.” He nodded his head got up, and walked out of the room shutting the door behind him.

 “Let me repeat, he has nothing to do with this,” I spat with as much venom as I could. 

 “You sure about that, because you were never like this till your falling out with Scott.”

 “You know what fuck Scott and fuck you, everything is your fault,” I shouted.

         He looked taken back and hurt for a moment, then he gained back his composer. I felt bad for a moment for what I said to him, until he asked,

 “What would your mother say?”

         I felt my heart stop. Out of all things in the world he had to say that. I freaked the fuck out. I said a lot of things I didn’t mean, I cussed, and threw things, by the end he had to have Officer Vega restrain me. “Keep her out of this,” I kept saying over and over again.

 ~~~

not edited