Chapter 39 date night

Emma's P.O.V

Today Reese is taking me on a date. I have no idea where we're going but he told me to wear a swim suit under my clothes. So it must mean we'll be in or close to water... I was in my room, when dad called me downstairs. "Yeah dad?" I asked hoping off the last stair.

He looked towards the door and Reese was standing there. "Hi." I smiled at him. "Hey." He smiled back.

As I was putting my shoes on when dad spoke. "I want her home by 7:00" Dad said with a serious face. "Dad it's 6:30..." I said confused. Dad kept looking at Reese with a fatherly have-my-daughter-home-by- 7 - look. Dad's serious face broke and he smiled. "Be home by 9:00," He said laughing.

We both started laughing to and then we left. "So where to first?" I asked as we started towards town. "It's a surprise." He said, "That's kinda cheesy!" I laughed. He nodded, "I try," He said, then we both started laughing.

We walked a couple blocks until we were outside the beach gate. "The beach?" I asked clearing things up. He nodded, and grabbed my hand. He pulled me in the gate and pulled me down the board walk stairs. He stripped his shoes, socks and shirt off and ran in the ocean. "Is it cold?" I asked as I started taking my clothes off so I was standing in my swim suit. "Come on Emma the water is great!" He said splashing around. I sighed and started running into the water. "You lier it's freezing!" I said crossing my arms. "You get used to it." Reese smiled splashing me. I splashed back and it broke into a full on splashing war.

About an hour later we came out of the water laughing. "Okay it's colder out here now..." I shivered. Reese went over to hid backpack an pulled out 2 towels and a sweatshirt. He handed me a towel and the sweatshirt. We dried off and put our clothes back on, I also put the sweater on. "Where too now?" I asked. He looked at the time on his phone, "well it's already 8:00" He said.

I nodded and we started up the board walk stairs. "I was thinking we could go get some Get Shaved?" He stated, sounding more like a question. I nodded and we started walking towards Get Shaved. When we got there Reese ordered our Shaved Ice and we walked out of the building. "We should go to the park, and walk around the lake." I said randomly. Reese looked at me and nodded. We started walking towards the park, eating our Shaved ice and talking about mini R5.

When we got to the park, we passed the grassy part and got on the wood chip trail. We passed the kids playground first. I took off towards the swings. Reese followed "I thought we were walking around the lake?" He teased taking a seat on the swing beside me, taking a bite of his shaved Ice. "BUT swings are soooooo fun!!" I cheered eating some of my shaved ice. He laughed at my response and we started swinging. "Hey look we're double dating!" I smiled as our swings were in sync. "Now that's cheesy, on our date we start double dating on the swings?" Reese said. I went a little higher and Reese started pouting, "What you don't like double dating me?" He asked, I shook my head "I profer actual dating you..." I smiled. He nodded, "Same." We jumped off our swings, "so we have a half an hour left. We could walk half way around the lake and go through the woods that lead out behind your house and have you home by 9:00?" Reese said. "Sounds like a plan!" I smiled grabbing his hand and we started walking around, well half way around the lake.

When we came to the woods turn off we followed the trail through the woods and it let to right behind my house. "10 minutes to spare." Reese smiled. I giggled as we walked up to my front step. "Well I best be off text me later Emma." Reese said kissing my cheek and running down the side walk and all the way to his house.

I was about to open the door, when it opened. "What were you doing mom?" I asked as mom gave me an innocent look. "I wasn't watching waiting for you to come back, and I didn't see Reese kiss your cheek..."She smiled. I sighed at least it wasn't dad who saw, that would of got ugly. "Don't worry I won't tell dad, and you two are the cutest things." Mom squealed. I nodded and hugged her. "Thanks mom!" I said softly not wanting to wake my siblings up. I walked up the stairs and went in my room. That was a really nice date. I changed out of my kinda soggy clothes and swimsuit. I put warm fuzzy Pj's on and got in bed, within seconds I was fast asleep.

.............

This great chapter was wrote by Ross-Is-So-Sweet-R5

Thanks for writing this chapter!

2 chapters till the end of the book

-Sophie