7-Making new friends

Zane's P.O.V.

When Emma first walked into that room at the Cafe I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was breathtaking. The way she looked at me was making me feel things I've only felt for one other person.

Emily, I think that was her name.

I met her at a bar our senior year. We dirty danced, drank and ended up hooking up in the bar bathroom. Not the most romantic place but God she was amazing, and her kisses left me breathless. She left me that night and I've compared every girl since to her. Now Emma is giving me these feelings and I'm loving it.

When I was walking towards the kitchen I heard her laughing. I peaked around the corner and there she was talking and laughing with Adam and Mike.
She is an amazing cook. She keeps getting better and better. We almost kissed, she had me harder than a rock just by her flirting back with me and now I'm stuck here having to deal with her brother with a hard on.

"What the fuck was that Zane?" Eric said pissed as soon as she was up the stairs.

"Oh come on man, we were just talking."

"Really? Because from what I saw you guys we're about to kiss."

"Listen, she's cute and..."

"NO. I told you guys; she's off limits to everyone, even you. She's dealing with enough right now she doesn't need a broken heart on top of that."

"Wow, really? You think that little of me?"

"Man, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. What happens when we find these assholes and she leaves and goes back to L.A.? Can we just deal with this problem first without any distractions and then whatever happens, happens?"

"Sure." I said irritated.

For now, but not forever.

Emma's P.O.V

Zane and I almost kissed. His smell is intoxicating. I definitely can't wait to get to know him better.

I laid down in bed and it didn't take me too long to fall asleep. I only slept for a couple hours but it's better than what I have been. I got up and showered, shaved and brushed my teeth again. I couldn't wait for some different clothes. I put on some leggings and a t-shirt and headed back downstairs. It was 12:00 so Tessa should be here soon.

I walked downstairs and there were guys scattered all over the house again. I got head nods, a bunch of thank yous and compliments on the food I made this morning. For a bunch of Mafia men they sure were polite. As I walked to the kitchen I noticed all of my cookies and Egg bake was gone.

Then my 'shadows' appeared; Mike and Adam.

"Were you able to get more sleep?" Adam asked.

"A little, you guys?"

"Yep."

They sat down next to Joe and Matt who were going over some papers. I greeted them and started cleaning up the dishes and putting stuff in the dishwasher.

"Hey there little lady," Alex said, walking up to me.

I turned towards him, "I swear if you make a sexist comment, I will kick you."

He busted out laughing, along with the boys sitting next to us.

"Well aren't you a ray of sunshine today," Alex said, still laughing.

"What? No rude or sexiest comments?"

"Nope, not only did you just threaten me but so did your brother. I don't know who I'm more afraid of... So I'll try and behave." he then winked at me.