19-Jake

Emma's P.O.V.

"What?" I heard a bunch of guys saying.

I totally zoned out, I had no idea what to think. All that kept racing around in my mind was Jake, and my last night with him.

"Emma, Emma?" Jay said, shaking me.

That snapped me out of my trance.

"What? Stop that." I said, swatting his arm away. I got up and started pacing.

It seemed like everyone was in the room now.

"Emma, you need to tell them everything, right now!" Hailey demanded.

I turned to look at her. She was the only one that really knew what had happened with Jake and I.

"Tell us what?" Eric asked.

Everyone was staring at me.

I looked up in the air, then back to Eric.

"There's more to the break up than I told you guys about."

"He did fucking hurt you, didn't he? I swear to God Em's." Jay said, protectively.

"Would you calm down? I've told you this before, Jake's would never hurt me... I don't think anyways. Who the hell knows anymore because people won't stop lying to me."

I was really getting sick of this.

I pointed at Eric and then Zane, "Don't you two ever lie to me."

Zane came over and wrapped his arm around my waist, kissed my ear and whispered, "I promise, love."

This made me smile and relaxed me a little.

"Em's, you pretty much lied to me about Jake. I still don't get why you guys were a secret after everyone knew you were together?" Jay asked.

"I didn't lie, technically. AND our breakup was none of your business Jay. I didn't think too much of it because Jake and I still hung out with a few of his friends here and there. As far as I knew, Hailey was telling you about our relationship."

"Emma, we need to know what happened between you guys." Eric demanded.

I took a deep breath, "When I first started dating Jake, everything was fine. I do remember after about a month of dating, he was quiet and withdrawn from me for a few days. I'm guessing this is where our father comes in. Anyways, I asked him what was wrong one night because I thought I did something wrong or he wasn't happy being with me anymore. He apologized and told me he had a lot on his plate with work and he was just thinking about that."

"It went back to the way it was, and we were spending most of our time together. Month four he started getting overly protective of me. We went out one night to a bar with a few of his friends, Jake went to the bathroom and this older man came up and we started talking. Totally harmless, but Jake flipped. He made a huge scene, and he pulled me out of the bar, I was so embarrassed. Once we got back to my place he was fuming, he assured me that it wasn't me he was mad at because he trusted me, it was that guy."

"He then started saying things like; 'I'll never let anyone hurt you or ever come in between us, He will do anything to keep me safe, One night he even said, he would kill anyone that got in our way.' I was getting uncomfortable. I knew I wasn't in love with him, he told me all the time that he loved me. I felt bad, and I started feeling like I was leading him on in a way, so I was going to end it... The night I was going to break up with him, we went out to dinner and he proposed to me. He was telling me how he needed to move for a job and he wanted me to go with him. I said no, obviously. Back at my place he wouldn't let it go. He said, if I didn't go he couldn't protect me anymore. We got into a huge fight and for the first time, I was scared around him. He did finally leave and I haven't heard from him since."