10-Answers

Emma's P.O.V.

Eric and I sat down on the couch in the living room. Our grandparents sat across from us, Dana and Hailey sat on the side, while Ryan came and sat next to me and Jay was behind me. This is going to be a bad one. A few of Eric's guys came in also but sat back more, I looked at Zane and I could tell he wanted to get closer, but didn't. He gave me a small smile and nodded my way.

"Before we begin, please just listen before you start asking questions." Robert asked.

Eric and I both agreed.

Susan looked at us sadly. "When your parents first met, it was truly love at first sight. Your grandpa Tom was the leader of a local street gang..."

"Wait... WHAT?" I yelled, interrupting her. I know my mouth was wide open. "Shit, sorry for interrupting... BUT... WHAT?"

"I take it you're surprised?" Susan asked as both my grandparents started to laugh.

"Ummm, YES? So you're telling me that sweet old man was a gang leader? I don't believe you." I was shocked "I'm sorry, continue... that just totally threw me off."  I said, zipping my lips with my fingers.

"That's okay sweetheart. Anyways so since he was a gang leader Robert and Tom did a lot of business together. They formed a partnership. It wasn't until Nick took over as Boss when they finally met each other. Tom tried keeping Sylvia away from that life as much as possible. Once they met they were so smitten with each other. They began dating and as it became more serious, Nick decided to tell Sylvia more about the business."

"She wasn't too fond of the lifestyle her father chose and being a Bosses wife wasn't exactly an easy thing either, yet she loved your dad so nothing was about to keep them apart. They married shortly after that and Sylvia became pregnant with you guys. I've never seen Nick more happy, then the day he found out he was going to be a father."  She began to get choked up.

Robert continued for her. "A few months after they brought you both home, James Harrison called your father."

I looked at Eric because he tensed up.

Robert then looked at me directly.

"Since before I was Boss we have had nothing but problems with the Harrison family. Everyone in that family thought that they needed more money and more power to put them on top so our families would go to war against each other. We have had so much death amongst the Mafias throughout the years. When I took over as Boss we were the most feared Mafia in the United States at that point. Our trades and everything was running smoothly. James' father wasn't as bad as his grandparents before him, but he was still enough of a pain to cause messes."

"When Nick took over he went to James to try and settle this feud. James thought a marriage between the family was the perfect solution, bringing the two families together as one. The most powerful Mafia in the world. Now, since there was only James, Nick and Ryan, moving to the next generation of children would be ideal. Your father was young, he never wanted kids so he agreed. For years, everything was going great. If James had a problem, Nick would help James and vice versa. Then he met Sylvia and he fell in love."

"When your dad got that phone call, time stopped. He completely forgot about his agreement with James because he was so wrapped up in Sylvia and his new twins.
James told Nick he also just had a son named Cole Harrison. That this was the time they've been waiting for, a time to come together."

"When Nick told Sylvia about this, naturally she got protective of you. Nick didn't want to go through with it either. When Nick told James this, James went ballistic and started threatening, but never followed through. It was at your third birthday party when James showed up to your party unannounced. James kept staring at you in awe, and your father was so scared that something bad was about to happen."

I had tears running down my face, I know where this is going and it was heart-wrenching.

"Your father went to kick him out, James gave him one more chance to change his mind. A marriage between Emma and Cole or a war to finally end one of the families. Your father never answered and just shoved him out the door. A few months later seven of Nick's men ended up dead, death threats and harassing letters were being sent to Sylvia, along with random pictures of Emma that were taken, and your nanny's car blew up with her in it. Your parents were a mess, they talked and decided that Sylvia and Emma needed to disappear."

"They formed a plan, we all did actually. The plan was for you guys to leave, as Emma grew older Tom and Sylvia would train you so that when it was time for you to come back you were ready. We didn't want it this way but we couldn't just go in and kill the whole Harrison family without repercussions. Feds were already breathing down our necks for other things and a dead mafia family would have pointed straight to us. So you guys took a trip to the beach as one last family vacation while Ryan and I got stuff set up here. When you guys returned, a week later a publicized event was happening Sylvia, Emma, and your grandparents Tom and Lydia died in a horrific car accident on the way there."

"It was a believable story because your father was a mess, he really did lose his wife and baby girl that day... His Angels."

Eric and Ryan both had their hands on my knees and Jay had his hand on my shoulder.
I was crying, trying to process everything. If what I was being told was true then I couldn't wait to actually see my mom and meet my dad.

"So why after twenty years is this suddenly a problem again? They've been radio silent for a while now." Eric question.

"About a year and a half ago, it was brought to your father's attention that Emma might have been spotted, but we didn't know which enemy it was. Other than that information, nothing else was off. One big reason for Nick's 'death' was so he could look into this more without raising any suspicions. The attack on Emma's California home was Armando obviously, but Nick, Ryan, Jason and I don't think the two are related, if James did find Emma a year and a half ago, I think Armando heard through the grapevine about Emma still being alive."

"Why didn't our mom take both of us away from here, or Nick and Eric come with us when we left and Ryan take over as Boss?" I finally speak.

"Eric wasn't in danger, and your father needed someone to condition to take over for him, plus if the whole family 'died' you would have been way easier to find." Robert explained.

"I don't agree with that decision, but whatever. So now what? Where do we go from here?"

"We lay low, you hide out here and we wait. We don't have any reason to believe anyone knows you're here." Robert said.

Eric looked at me.

"You're safe here, I will do everything there is to protect you and we will kill every last bastard that comes near you. I'm almost positive dad has a plan anyways."

I smiled at Eric.

"Have any of you heard from my mom?" I asked my grandparents.

Grandma got down on her knees in front of me and grabbed my face wiping away some of my tears. "For a brief second she wanted me to tell you she loves you very much and she's impressed with your dagger placement." She then winked at me.

I busted out laughing with tears still running down my face again. I knew Mom would approve.