chapter two

time to go and find the guy that hurt uvo!  i thought to myself, walking out of the hotel with a determined look on my face. i only got to spend two days with the troupe before they all headed back home. i was at a park that has grass greener than anything i'd ever seen before. "kurapika!" someone yelled, getting your attention. you spotted the same spiky boy and cat-eyed boy running towards a the blonde boy from before. that's right, i never got to know the names of the two young boys before i ran back to the hideout. before you were able to speak up to the young boys, they noticed you first. 

"hey, you! you ran off before we got to play!" he said, pointing at me and bringing the attention of the blonde, silverette, and tall man to me. 

i giggled, trying to seem powerless and looked down at the young boy. "i don't have any money on me right now."

"no need," the boy said, shocking the tall man and cat-eyed boy.

"you idiot! we need all the money we can get right now!" 

the spiky haired boy ignored his friend and introduced himself. "i'm gon and this is killua. the old man is leorio and the blondie is kurapika!"

i smiled and shook his small hand 'he has a strong grip.'  

"i'm y/n. i'm sure i've met blondie over here already."

"hm, we did. i remember seeing you as you caught the bag that boss had lost. i apologize for not being able to thank you back then."

finally! i thought and gave a close-eyed smile at him but then turning back to gon. "so, are we playing or not?" 

gon nodded his head excitedly while leorio shook his head in the back in disappointment. it was almost enough for me to laugh at their childish actions.

i had relocated to an area with less people and we were now indoors.

"how are you so strong?" he asked, with several bruises on his knuckles, causing me to let out a smile. "we're all pro-hunters except killua-"

"idiot!" killua smacked his neck.

i giggled, "i'm also a pro hutner!" i explained, not telling the full truth. i was strong because i trained mercilessly with the troupe. i didn't know at the time, but gon was thinking 'i wonder if she'd win against kurapika, the chain user!'

i had bid my farewells with my new "friends" and was just about to walk back to the hotel when i heard kurapika start to explain something to his friends after they thought you had left. i used my zetsu to make it harder to sense your presence.

"i'm a conjurer, but when my eyes turn scarlet, i am a specialist." he paused, hearing his friends gasp. "my middle finger, is the one that holds the chain jail. that is the one i used to disarm the  phantom troupe member." i was listening in, only able to hear up until the 'chain jail.' 'he's the one that injured uvogin!' before i stepped out and revealed myself though, gon began speaking, "so you can only use that ability for spiders? for your revenge?"

'revenge?'

"correct. if i were to use my chains on any other than the phantom troupe, i would die. i need to avenge my brethren from the phantom troupe."

"kurapika, calm down, your eyes-"

"my apologies," he almost instantly changed his eyes back to normal. 

"someone's here," i heard killua whisper to the others, causing me to go into a state of panic.

'shit, i let my guard down.'

"g-gomen!" i bowed, showing myself and jumping out from behind the corner. "i wanted to ask you guys something but i didn't want to have to walk into such an important conversation. i'll just leave," i said, stuttering slightly and rubbing the back of my neck.

"how much did you hear?" killua threatened, putting his sharp hands near my neck by pulling me down to his sitting height. 

'this kid thinks he could even hurt me. i guess i'll have to pretend to be scared.'

"since 'chain jail.' obviously, i have no idea what that is."

kurapika sighed, flexing around his fingers, letting the chains going into my vision. "i'll.. show you."

leorio gasped with bug eyes, "to a complete stranger?!"

"i agree with leorio. we don't even know her," killua warned, letting go of my collar, which sent my stumbling backwards.

"no harm done if she is not able to do anything with the information. here, let me show you how they work."

"first, y/n, what did you want to ask us?" leorio raised a brow, looking at you suspiciously.

"i-" you panicked, trying to think of something. "have you seen a.. guy named hisoka anywhere?"

they all shot up, especially gon, "hisoka? you know hisoka?" 

"yea- well, he doesn't know me, but i've heard about him around.."

killua answered, placing his hands behind his neck like usual, "we saw him last at heaven's arena. that's it." 

"i met him.. before i fought the damned spider."

your eyes widened, but you played coy afterwards to seem less suspicious. "spider? as in phantom troupe? a-and kurapika, you don't have to show me your power if you do-don't want to!"

leorio nodded, his arms still crossed over his chest and leaning back on his chair. "so, what type are you?"

"i'm an emitter!" i smiled. "i still haven't decided what my special abilities are, yet.."

"wha- you're like kurapika's age! me and gon have already found out what ours are-" (obviously not following the plot of hunter x hunter here:)

i shrugged and grabbed a water bottle out of my bag, about to drink it. but before i could, i lost control of the hand holding it and spilled water on the person next to me, who was unfortunately killua. "g-gomen!" i apologized, panicking. "i- i'll spill some on myself- so it'll be equal!"

killua, gon, leorio, and kurapika bursted out in loud laughs and chuckles when killua grabbed the water bottle. "it'll feel more- better- if i get to do it!" i swore that killua turned into a cat as he said that line. 

he threw the water at me, but it ended up hitting gon after i dodged it. and knowing gon and killua, they always end up being competitive. sure enough, the two ended up chasing each other outside and throwing random rocks at each other, leaving me, leorio, and kurapika shaking our heads and giggling at them.