chapter four

it had been three weeks since i had last talked to my hunter friends. today, i was out on a "girl's day," as named by machi, so i can "glow up" and "show him what he's missing." now, i was just sitting with the rest of the phantom troupe.

right when i was about to spark up a new conversation, the doors opened and in came a certain clown, rather dramatically. "my, my, a spiderling? i've seen you around the four 'iconic' hunters, and now you're here, by yourself.. i wonder what happened."

"hisoka, shut the fuck up," machi growled, placing her hand on my shoulder, defensively.

"it's fine, machi. he's right, i have been spending a lot of time with the people he's talking about."

"that's not it, y/n. he's mocking you, like he does everybody."

"i know," i smiled and walked up to the clown man. "i'm y/n." i raised my hand up to offer a handshake.

he smirked and lowered his gaze. "hisoka," he said, shaking my hand harshly. "what a cute little baby spider."

"thank.. you?" i awkwardly said, with a fake smile painted on my face. "well, see you around, hisoka-san. i'm going on a quick walk around the city." hisoka wouldn't let go of my hand, nor stop smiling. suddenly, he pulled me up where he could whisper in my ear seductively, "heartbroken spiders are worthless."

"thank you, hisoka," i said with a sickly sweet smile, pulling my hand off of his. "i hope to see you around." i walked away from the pedophile clown man and out the building, on my merry little way to patrol the city once more.

i was enjoying the moon's gentle presence and the warm breeze on my skin, blowing my long hair in the same direction as the wind was, like a sad dance. lightly humming a sweet song that i didn't know the name of, i walked down the road. halfway down main street, i spotted a piece of paper on a brick wall with a target in the middle. pulling my small bow out, named "scarlett," grabbing an arrow from my quiver, i pointed and aimed at the the very middle of the target. taking into account that the soft breeze was speeding up, i aimed it a little over to the right, and letting go. and, bullseye. i've always had a strong sense of aiming and a clear eye. i let out a sad smile and pulled the arrow off the wall and stuck it back into my arrow holder. my hair was now flowing even faster, because the wind started to pick up significantly. i noticed that the street was emptier than usual, but the streetlights were all on, making me feel like the main character of a book. (heh)

i could almost feel the wind rushing inside my veins along with my blood. suddenly, the air felt like it was thickening, and i turned around, swooshing(that's a cool word) my hair. my eyes landed on dark grey ones. kurapika's.

"kurapika," i shakily breathed out, backing away slowly, thinking he'll attack me.if he were to attack me, it's not like i'd even try to hit him. "if you're angry at me, you can hit me, even if it doesn't make you forgive me," i whispered, looking away from his eyes.

he let out a sad chuckle, "even if i wanted to, i could never hurt you."

"we're so cliche," i joked with a sad smile. "i'm sorry for hiding it from you."

"it's alright i guess," he said, taking my hand and placing it into his pocket.(idk where that pocket came from but ok)

"i'm sorry, kurapika. i didn't want to keep it from you for that long, i really wanted to tell you but i was so afraid that you'd hate me. you don't have to hide it, just kill me already."

"i'm not killing you."

i squeezed his hand that was holding mine in his pocket.

he chuckled once more, "i really wish i could be mad. i enjoy your company more than i wish i did, but there's nothing i can do about it. i like you, y/n."

i tried to stay calm on the outside but on the inside, i was freaking out, i could feel my hand beginning to heat up from his. "even if i'm apart of the troupe?"

"even if you're apart of the troupe," he smiled. he turned me to face him underneath the streetlight and kissed my forehead, leaving tingles. "i'm sure if i were to stay away from you any longer i'd burst." there was a comfortable silence for a couple minutes where i was just standing underneath him, my forehead on his shoulder.

"thank you for forgiving me, kurapika."

that's when i had the perfect idea: "kurapika, this is the perfect opportunity! don't tell killua, gon or leorio. meet me at the park tomorrow morning, alright?!"

he was obviously confused to why i was already waving at him. he smiled, still confused but waved back at me.

"i'll text you the details," i said, very lightly pecking his lips and whispering a quiet, "thank you for forgiving me, again" and running off, leaving very red kurapika.