Chapter 4

Rachel was folding her clothes in neat piles, when a knock on the door happened. The brunette dropped the folded shirt on the bed and walked to the front door, being the only one in the apartment since Kurt had already gone to Lima. Opening it, she was surprised to find her ex-boyfriend standing on the other side, with a duffel bag draped over his left shoulder and car keys dangling from his hand.

"Finn, what are you doing here?" Rachel gripped the door, blocking the way so that the guy wouldn't get the idea of being welcomed in there. "I thought you would be on your way to see Mr. Schue, already, being his best man and having to perform those duties."

"Well, I rented a car and I thought you could come with me. We can even listen to that stuff you like so much, whatcha say? Like old times. If it gets too late, we can rent a motel room and maybe talk about us." The guy tried to step forward, but the brunette stood firmly in the way not allowing him to go further. "C'mon Rach, we are made for each other. I forgive you."

"You forgive me? For what, exactly? Having put up with your incessant whining about how your life is miserable and no one lets you have anything? Do you know that most of the times you are in the way of your own future? You do not work for stuff, Finn. Plus, our relationship ran its course. We were maybe suitable in High School, but now we have nothing to share." Rachel tried to close the door in his face, but his foot blocked it. "Just go, Finn."

"We don't have to be in a relationship, Rachel. We can be 'special friends'." He smirked and leered at her, taking in her outfit that accentuated her firm and toned body in the right places. He tried to move forward, obviously taking advantage of his height and weight to keep the door from closing, when a slender finger tapped him on the shoulder and caught his attention.

"Excuse me, may I be allowed inside my girlfriend's apartment?" Quinn smirked up at Finn, enjoying his stunned face and taking advantage of it to move around him, effectively rolling her suitcase over his giant foot. "Ops." She chuckled and pulled Rachel to her by the waist, dropping a short kiss on the brunette's mouth. "Hi, sorry for being late. Traffic is crazy."

"Who is this?" Finn towered over the couple, making Rachel inwardly step closer to the blonde who stood taller and looked up into his confused eyes. "I want an explanation, Rachel. Now!" He crossed his arms over his chest and furrowed his brows in confusion, on the verge of stomping his foot on the ground.

"With all respect, she doesn't owe you any explanation. You are her ex-boyfriend and she was quite clear about not wanting to have anything else to do with you; why don't you turn on your heels, like the good boy you claim to be, and leave her alone?" Quinn's voice went from being pleasant to taking an annoyed tone, that left no space for misunderstanding. She was pissed off. She had always disliked guys who seemed unable to take a hint, even after their partners had turned their offers down, multiple times.

"Listen, blondie stay out of this. It's none of your business ok?" He went to reach for Rachel's hand, but the blonde pushed him back, making him stumble back before slamming the door in his face, safely locking it. "You do not shut a door in my face and get away with it, you got me? I am not done with this, bitch!" He punched the door and then walked down the hallways, huffing and mumbling to himself.

"How did you end up with Mr. Caveman, over there?" Quinn pulled back from the brunette, not having to put a show in front of her ex and looked around the apartment. "He didn't try anything before I came, right?" She looked at the brunette who shook her head with a smile and leaned up on her bare toes, to kiss her lightly on the cheek.

"No, he didn't. Finn means well, but he doesn't understand we are not in High School anymore." The singer grabbed on her hand and tugged her toward the living room area, where soft music was playing in the background. "Make yourself at home, Quinn, while I finish packing my bags for our trip."