Chapter 10

"I don't get what's the big deal about it, Rach, isn't it how you feel too?" Kurt stirred his coffee and watched the brunette play with her vegan cheesecake.

"No...I mean, yes...I love her, I am quite certain of my own feelings for Quinn but this is not how it should have been said. She muttered it in the afterglow and then proceeded to fall asleep on my shoulder, while I couldn't even fall asleep for the rest of the night. People let declarations of love during the most awkward times and sex is notoriously one of the most accidental circumstance for this to happen along with marriage proposals." Rachel hid her face behind her hands and groaned in frustration.

"Did you even ask the girl whether she meant it or was just temporary insanity?" He raised an eyebrow at her, who looked away with a guilty look and played with her own fingers. "Rachel Barbra Berry, what did you do?"

"I ignored the issue for the whole trip back home and then found excuses not to see her, I am too embarrassed to talk to her about it. It is coward of me, but I cannot face her nor the idea of her not meaning those words." She looked down at her hands and played with her fingers, not daring to look up into Kurt's disappointed eyes.

"Rachel, after everything that girl went through with Finn and her own personal demons, I think you owe her the truth and a serious grown-up talk. You want to take her back home with you for Christmas and then ignore her for something like this? Talk to her." He placed a comforting hand over hers and searched for her eyes with his. "She even confronted her own family and protected you in front of them, I don't think she would do it for a random girl she is seeing."

"You might be right, Kurt. I will have to call and apologize for my childish behaviour, Quinn deserves more than that." She nodded to herself and placed a bill on the table between them, before gathering her belongings and walking out of the door with a resolute face.

RQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQRQ

When she knocked on the familiar door, she was still a nervous wreck and had no idea what to tell the blonde girl, who had left several messages and called her with no response from her. She didn't want to provide her only with excuses, but she seriously had no way to explain her immature behaviour without trying to apologize and finding excuses in the form of her own insecurities.

She shifted from one foot to another, rubbing her hands together when the blonde unlocked the door and appeared on the other side, wearing workout clothes and in a very sweaty state. Her hands were wrapped in white bands and a towel was loosely hanging from her neck, while her hair was up in a messy ponytail. Her muscles shined in the dim light of the afternoon, aided by the small layer of sweat that accentuated her defined muscles and made Rachel temporarily forget what she was even going to say.

"Hello, Rachel." Quinn leaned against the doorframe and looked at her, with a tight smile and an obvious confused look in her eyes. "What brings you here, on my doorstep at this time of the day? I thought you were too busy to even answer your phone, let alone grace me with your presence."

"Look Quinn, I know you are probably upset with my behaviour but if you let me explain, then maybe you could understand my point of view too." The shorter brunette went to take her hand, but the blonde woman stepped back and just let her inside, walking ahead of her toward the fridge.

"Go ahead; talk then." Quinn leaned against the counter and unwrapped her hands, stretching her fingers before grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and taking a long gulp. Her hazelnut eyes stopped on the nervous brunette, who was still looking anywhere but at her girlfriend.

"First of all, I wanted to apologize for having ignored your calls but I was not ready to talk about what happened few nights ago. You probably know that what we have is not only a very satisfying physical relationship." She walked around the counter and stood before the tall girl, who nodded gently and encouraged her to go on. "You are a very pretty girl, Quinn, the prettiest girl I've ever seen and it scares me because you are a lot more than that and I still can't believe you chose me, of all the people you could have." She rested her hands on the girl's hips and looked up into her softened eyes. "I have strong feelings for you, Quinn, and I don't think I would be able to deal with you not really meaning the words you muttered, few nights ago. I took my time to get my head wrapped around it but I can't...I can't think that you only said that because of our very intense sexual intercourse, so I am here to tell you that...that if you don't feel the same-"