Chapter 8

When Quinn woke up, she was aware of two things: she was surrounded by Rachel's scent and her body ached all over. Memories of the previous afternoon came back and she felt the need to either throw up or smash something, because she had let that bastard do this to her. She went to sit up, but her ribcage hurt too much to even let her breathe properly so she laid still, hoping the pain would subside.

"You need to get plenty of rest, Quinn." Rachel's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, as she crossed the threshold carrying a tray with home cooked breakfast. "Don't worry, Adam cooked everything so I wouldn't add food poisoning to your injuries list." She sat the tray on her empty side of the bed and sat beside the blonde, stroking her hair off her forehead.

"He didn't have to go through so much trouble." The escort laced their fingers together and squeezed her petite hand, bringing it to her lips to kiss the back of it. "You look tired, did I kick you or get restless in my sleep?"

"I was only worried about you, Quinn." Rachel was tugged to lay down and soon curled around the blonde, resting her head against her good shoulder. "When I saw you lying there, I felt like dying. You should have gone to a hospital, idiot." She mumbled against the fabric of the shirt the blonde had borrowed from her, gripping it tightly not wanting to lose her grip on the girl.

"I don't like hospitals and I am here, not going anywhere baby." Quinn kissed the top of her head and wrapped her arm around her back, as much as her ribcage allowed her to. "Did Brody tell you what happened?" She whispered and looked over her head, catching sight of her Glee club picture on the wall by the door. Her face hardened and her heart raced faster, when her eyes fell onto the two familiar faces of her attackers.

"Barely, he just said it was not a client and that you two are used to patch each other up. What does that mean, Quinn?" Rachel looked up at the blonde, who was frowning in anger. "Quinn, are you okay?"

"It was..." Quinn sighed in deeply and looked down into her chocolate orbs. "It was Finn, Rachel..." She held the girl's gaze and still her hand on her lower back. "Santana lured me into the room, pretending to be a client and he did the rest of the job. They set me up." She closed her eyes, trying to push those images out of her mind or the eventual questions the brunette might have for her.

"I'll hurt them both, with my bare hands." Rachel muttered to herself before jumping out of bed and walking to her phone. She could not believe that Finn would be able to do something so despicable, but guess he was not the person she thought he was.

"Rachel, don't do anything hazardous." Quinn called out from the bed, trying to sit up but failing miserably and screaming out in pain as she fell back onto the bed, hurting her side. "Rachel..." She whimpered out and closed eyes, breathing hard.

"Quinn, what did you do?" The singer ended her call and moved by her side, wiping her forehead with a washcloth and kissing her temple. "You need to stay still, Brody will be here any minute to check on your wounds." She peppered her face with soft kisses, trying to ease her pain until the blonde's best friend arrived with medical supplies. "Don't injure yourself more than what they did to you." She cupped the girl's face and kissed the tip of her nose, nuzzling it gently with her own. "We need to press charges for having attacked you, Quinn."

"No, it will lead to questions about my whereabouts in that hotel room, Rachel. I don't wanna expose myself or Brody like that." Quinn rested her head back against the soft pillows and sighed in deeply. "It's not like the first time I'd end up on the guilty side of the table. Trust me, on that."

"You can't let them get away with that, Quinn. You almost got killed because he is a crazy psycho." Rachel dropped a soft kiss on her lips and looked into her hazelnut eyes, seeing the uncertainty shining through. "We will talk about this later, get some rest for now." She pecked her lips once more before leaving the bedroom, having heard the doorbell ring.