1: What is your race?

At age 10, everyone in primary school had to undergo an examination that would determine their second gender. The end result would leave some people happy whilst the other sad. Why you ask??

The second gender were categorized as alpha (𝜶), beta (ß) and omega (Ω).

As everyone had said,

Alpha were the superior race, which consisted of only 15% of the population, the top of the tops.

Beta was the mediocre race, consisting of the 40% of the population and then there were the omegas, the bottom of the pyramid, also consisting of the 15% of the population. The other 30% consisted of the children who were yet to be diagnosed.

Everyone wanted to be diagnosed as an alpha, they had an easy life. They would be privileges and had access to multiple things without much effort. Omega on the other hand were not preferred, neither in work nor as friends.

People categorized Omegas as burdensome people, because once a month they would go into heat. Unlike alphas who had control over it the omegas didn't and they needed inhibitor or suppressant for it. These medicines did not come easily.

Being an omega in school meant that you were prone to bullying, so when asked, the students would say they were usually beta, so that they wouldn't get bullied.

The result came in for the examination and Gulf was called in to the office.

"You are an omega" these words were enough for Gulf to know that his life is not going to be easy

He contemplated on telling his friends about is second gender, but there was the preceding fear of how they would perceive him.......

"Gulfieeeee" Team came running from the corridor to the playground where Gulf was sitting with Aom and Champ

"The results were announced, I am an Omega" Team said, shocking the group of friends sitting in a circle

"Beta, here" Aom and Champ said in unison and then looked at each other and gave high-fives

"If you don't want to tell, its fine, what ever the result, we will alway be your friend" Champ said putting a hand to his chest

"I am an Omega" Gulf said after taking a deep breaths.

The friends swore that the result would stay between them only. Only the alphas in the school showed off their status with pride.

Gulf couldn't understand why a second gender even existed and how a race could change a persons destiny. For him man or woman, alpha, beta or omega were all equal. You don't choose what to become, it was a natural process, no one had rights to dominate the other.

Gulf and his friends had successfully graduated from high school and ventured on to higher studies. The cost of the inhibitors put a strain on the Kanawut family. After graduating, Gulf took on part-time jobs to pay for his education and medicines. His partial scholarship covered for some of his education but he still had to cover a lot. His siblings (2 omegas and 2 betas) also needed support, so he hoped this extra work would help his family even a little bit.

First semester in college was relatively light. Morning 8:00 am-3:00 pm he attended classes and then after, 4:00 pm till 11:00 pm, he took up different part-time jobs. These jobs didn't have strains on his studies at all. He did better than the average students and never got into trouble. He made a lot of friends other than his high school friends who had been going to the same college. His friend circle grew slowly but gradually. He didn't hate alphas but he tried to stay clear of them as much as possible.

"Soulmate" a word he had heard Champ say once. Gulf researched about it. Soulmates were bound by fate, an alpha for an omega and vice-versa. The bond between the soulmate was stronger than normal, among the 30% of alpha and omega bonds. Only 5% of the total population were soulmates. No one could deny their soulmate, no matter what.