Chapter 1

Phadra' POV

I picked up the money from the table I just served. These hoes gave me $1.50! Is that what they call a tip? They had 5 people sitting at this damn table and that's all I get?!

I put the tip in my apron pocket and walked to the counter where Dominique, my best friend, had her elbow on the counter and she looked like she was about to fall asleep with her head in her hand.

An evil smile came onto my lips as I slowly inched toward her. When I was close enough, I hit her arm that was holding up her head. Her arm fell and her face hit the counter. She popped her head up and glared at me, rubbing her forehead.

"You play too damn much!" She yelled. I laughed at her.

"What happened?" Andrew said as he and Allison burst through the kitchen door. Andrew's brown hair was mess on his head, while Allison was trying to straighten her uniform over her tan skin.

Lil' nasties.

"Phadra being a hoe. Nothing different," Dominique said, half joking.

"Look, bitch. If I can't sleep, neither can you." She groaned, her brown skin turning red from frustration.

"But we ain't got no more customers here. It's 2 o'clock in the morning," she whined.

"So? We get off in 2 more hours. After that, you can go home and sleep the summer day away because, of course, you have work tomorrow night, too," I laughed when she groaned even louder. I walked past Andrew and Allison and into the kitchen to grab a dish towel. Once the towel was warm and wet, I rung it out and grabbed a dish bucket. I walked back out and started cleaning the table that I just served. When I was done, I put the dirty dishes in the sink and washed them.

"Okay, I'm done for tonight. I'm relaxing until 4 o'clock," I said sitting on the front counter, cutting a piece of the dry chocolate cake.

"We all are done. Nobody here and nobody's coming," Allison said, but as soon as she said it, the bell on the door of the diner rang.

"Spoke to soon," Dominique commented. all of our heads turned to the door, where in walked two handsome men. They looked to be the same height that seemed to be 6'4". One had dark brown, messy hair with blue eyes, while the other person's hair was blonde and he had brown eyes. They both wore black suits and sinister-like smirks. They looked at us, then sat down at a booth on the far corner of diner.

Dominique, Allison, Andrew, and I all looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Who's taking that one?" Dom asked. They all looked at me.

"Uh uh. Nope. I already told y'all that I was off for the rest of the shift," I said, stuffing cake in my mouth.

"Then, that leaves you Andrew," Allison said. "I'm not doing it and Dom is too lazy to try." We all nodded in agree.

Andrew rolled his eyes and walked to the table with his pen and pad. We watched him for a few seconds before he turned around and walked back towards us.

"That was quick. What happened?" Allison asked.

"They don't want me to wait them. They want you," he said, pointing his pen at Dominique.

"What?!" She exclaimed in a whispered yell.

"And you," he spoke again, except this time, his pen was pointing at me.

"Uh uh!" I said, my mouth still filled with cake. "Off. Of. The. Clock!"

"What do you want me to do?!" He exclaimed. "They won't order unless it's from you guys."

"Then they could roll out," I said.

"I don't think that's happening," Andrew said, moving his head in the direction of the mystery men. We all looked and saw that the guys had taken off their jackets, leaned comfortably in their seats, and were practically eye-raping me and Dominique.

"Dafuq?!" Dom said.

"Maybe if we all ignore them, they'll go away," Andrew suggested.

"We can't ignore them!" Allison whisper-yelled.

"And why the hell not!?," I said, not bothering to keep my voice down.

"They're costumers," she explained. "If we don't serve them, they might go to our boss tomorrow and we'll all be out of a job."

Dominique huffed.

"She's right," Dom said. I rolled my eyes, groaning as I hopped off of the counter.

"Let's go, Dom," I groaned and grabbed my pen and pad. She lazily followed me over to the booth where the mystery men say.

"Hi. We are your waitresses. What could we get you?" I introduced.

"Coffee," the blonde one said. His eyes were glued to Dominique's body.

"Black," the brown-haired one said. Now that I'm closer, I see a hint of blond in his mop of hair.

"That's all?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I know they did not call both of us to their table just for some damn coffee. Then nasty coffee at that.

"Yes," the blonde one said. "And I would like mine to be made and served to me by you, Ms..." He squinted at Dom's name tag, "Dominique." He grabbed her hand in his, but she quickly yanked it away.

"And you, mine," the blue eyed man said. His eyes roamed my body, probably undressing me in his head. Nasty people these days....

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes. Dom and I walked back over to the counter and made the coffees.

When we were finished, we brought them their caffeine.

"Thanks," the blonde said, looking fondly at Dominique. She just nodded her head.

"And thank you, Phadra," he said, using my name. He pronounced it wrong, though.

"My name isn't pronounced Pah-dra. It's Fay-dra," I said, using a lot of enunciation. He nodded his head understandingly.

"I wish we could see you girls again. You seem quite... charming," Blondie said with his eyes glued to Dom.

"Yes," Blue Eyes agreed. "It is too bad. We leave a few hours for a flight."

"Well, that is too bad," Dom said. "We don't have work again until tomorrow/to night."

"Aw," Blonde pouted a long with blue eyes. Me and Dom rolled our eyes and walked away from them.