Death of the lovers/Introduction

Az' Chaira... once a beautiful and prosperous planet became a war-torn battlefield on the brink of collapse. The last war as it was called exhausted most of the already dwindling resources in the war effort. An effort that showed even the an intelligent advanced society wasn't immune to indifference. A civilization that had thrived for millennia was coming to an end.

Az'Chaira was a planet that revolved two suns, soon those suns, known to the people of Az'Chaira as the lovers would fade into black dwarfs (dead stars). The White dwarfs were nearing their end of days. All of Az' Chaira was powered by charge crystals, these crystals absorbed the suns' energy which could then be extracted and used as a power source.

Each year the days grew colder and their crops were only sustained by bio-domes. Survival became the focus of the warfront as famine spread across the land and factions fought for control of the bio-domes. As the suns faded the days became darker each year and soon they would be subject to an endless night.

The prestigious academy known as Hyylion was amassing a new technology that would turn the tides and end the war once and for all. The cutting edge fighting machines known as the gearhearts were pushed to the warfront. They were the first wave of prototype soldiers synthetically created as a combination of liquidtech, advanced hardware and genetically altered biological material. Gearhearts were a meld of man and machine. Capable of tapping into an endless cache of knowledge, real time battlefield uplink to central command, and battlefield tracking. The gearhearts knew when and where to strike to devastate enemy forces. A squad of four was able to level an entire battalion of fighters. Through overwhelming firepower attained by Hyylion Academy through production of gearhearts the war was ended.

The council of 9 prepared for the conference of continuance.

"Welcome council" the Grand Provost pronounced as he entered the conference room.

Monitors lined the conference room which looked more like a war room then a Academy conference room. Hyylion was an institution that led the world in academics particularly specializing in technology and medical advancements. Scholars selected could attend the college for free as the academy relied solely on production for income. However students accepted would be subject to a contractual obligation to work ten years following graduation at the companies production and development facilities or one of their cutting edge medical facilities.

"Welcome Grand Provost Perian" the council responded in unison.