02

ELEVEN YEARS OLD

ELEVEN YEARS OLD.
(m/n) - 11
jaehyun - 13

2013
15:58

"hey, (m/n), catch!"

the (h/c) haired boy (who was sitting) turned around just in time to catch a familiar-looking small carton of milk. he examined it, a smile coming onto his face once he realized it was his favorite brand of peach milk. "thanks, jaehyun-hyung." he nodded at the older.

jaehyun rolled his eyes, opening his own carton of peach milk before slipping a straw inside. "how many times have i told you to just drop the 'hyung'?" he sipped his milk for a few seconds before adding, "it makes me feel old."

(m/n) giggled, looking down at his carton of milk. "it's a habit, i guess. sorry." he opened it, slipping his straw in and immediately began drinking it.

jaehyun hummed, sitting down beside (m/n). he failed to notice the blush spreading on the younger's cheeks. "if you say so." he said, leaning back against the bench.

the two sat in silence, (m/n) sitting timidly whilst jaehyun sat as if he owned the park. they drank their peach milk, humming quietly in enjoyment.

a familiar girl walked past, along with her little entourage. jaehyun's eyes widened, straightening his back as his straw left his lips. (m/n) glanced at him before turning towards the girl, exhaling through his nose.

as soon as the girl passed them both and was no longer in sight, jaehyun practically melted on the bench. he faced (m/n) with this lovestruck expression, which made the younger annoyed.

"she's so pretty," jaehyun sighed dreamily. "i can't wait to ask her to be my girlfriend!"

(m/n) scoffed, rolling his eyes. "hyung, you're like, thirteen." he tried to mask his jealousy and succeeded, as jaehyun thought he was just weirded out by him falling in love despite their young age.

jaehyun hummed, nodding absentmindedly. "then i'll wait till we're fifteen!" he said, determined, and (m/n) wanted nothing more than to wipe that determination off his face. jaehyun then stood up, throwing his empty carton in a nearby trash can.

"i have to go, now, (m/n)!" he announced, walking away while waving his hand. "see you tomorrow!"

(m/n) only nodded at him, slowly sipping his (now lukewarm) peach milk, which still tasted amazing despite the change in temperature.

he sighed, leaning back against the bench. his heart hurt but he didn't know why, all he knows is that he hates when jaehyun talks about that girl with him.

no, not just when he talks about her.

(m/n) hates every time jaehyun glances or stares at her with heart eyes, he hates the way the older's cheeks reddened and his face visibly brightened whenever she's around.

realizing what he had just thought, (m/n) abruptly stopped sipping his milk before lowering it from his lips.

"why am i feeling this way?"