epilogue

CONTINUATION(m/n) - 22jaehyun - 24

CONTINUATION
(m/n) - 22
jaehyun - 24

2024
17:47

(m/n) stared at the handsome male before him, not believing that it was the same person he fell in love with around four years ago. he was back, standing there right in front of him, with his signature smile on his face and a plastic bag in his hand.

"y-you're... you're back." (m/n) mumbled.

jaehyun chuckled quietly, his free hand reaching up to rub the back of his neck. "yeah," he said. "i came back... because of you."

(m/n)'s eyes widened, a light blush on his cheeks. even after all these years, after thinking he had moved on from jaehyun, such simple words could bring all those emotions back. he hated how weak he was; he was supposed to despise jaehyun for leaving him all those years, but he couldn't.

"i thought you forgot about me." the (h/c) haired male eventually spoke, earning a breathy laugh from jaehyun.

"how could i forget you when i've been dying to meet you and apologize to you all this time?"

(m/n) furrowed his eyebrows, despite his heart swelling with joy. he shoved his hands into his pockets so jaehyun couldn't see how shaky they were.

"i'm sorry, (m/n) (l/n), for leaving you when you needed me the most," jaehyun breathed out. "i should've reacted better and stayed by your side. it was childish of me to run away, when really..."

the older male trailed off, eyes meeting (m/n)'s. a small smile made its way onto his face.

"we're on the same boat."

(m/n)'s eyes widened once more. "w-wha-"

"i'm gay, (m/n). i realized it back in conneticut."

(m/n) stood there, awestruck, staring at jaehyun in disbelief. this has got to he a dream, it has to be, he thought, but then jaehyun grabbed something from the plastic bag he was holding.

"i was hoping... that we can rekindle our friendship," he said nervously, staring at the carton in his hand. "hoping that you'd forgive me and that we can go back to being just like before."

when (m/n) stayed silent, jaehyun continued. "maybe even... something more." he looked away, a blush spreading on his cheeks.

(m/n) was still silent, staring at jaehyun as he processed those words because fuck, it isn't a dream but it sure does feel like one coming true. his blush was surely as red as the apple he ate in the morning.

"here, catch," he said, before throwing the familiar looking carton towards the (h/c) haired male. "i bought it right before you came."

(m/n) caught it just before it hit his chest, fumbling with it for a few seconds as it almost fell from his grip. he stared at the carton, tears gathering in his eyes before he gazed up at jaehyun once again.

jaehyun smiled at him, throwing the - now empty - plastic bag away.

"it's the last carton of peach milk at the store," he admitted, chuckling shyly.

"it's for you, now."