06

TWENTY-TWO YEARS OLD

(m/n) - 22
jaehyun - 24

2024
17:21

it's been 4 years since jaehyun moved to conneticut. he said he decided to join his parents, but (m/n) knew the real reason.

ever since that day, (m/n) has never come out to anybody else. he became closed off.

after graduating, (m/n) bought an apartment for himself. it was hard, but he managed; all those part-time jobs finally paid off.

so there (m/n) stood, in the middle of his apartment (which he had to himself, thankfully). he had just finished unpacking, now he was looking at everything in disbelief. he made it, he actually made it, and now he can live peacefully. at least he hopes so.

the apartment itself wasn't too far from his old house. it was still in the same neighborhood and would only take a couple of minutes to there. (m/n) wasn't worried that his parents would come after him, though, as they made it clear that they don't want to see him anymore.

deciding that he should spend the rest of his day wisely and not just by standing idly in the middle of his new home, (m/n) grabbed his phone from the kitchen counter before walking over to the door and quickly placing his shoes on. he checked his pockets, making sure his wallet and other necessities were there, before finally leaving.

the (h/c) haired male made it out of the apartment building quickly, the breeze hitting his face. it was starting to become cold, as fall was approaching.

(m/n) sighed happily. he was finally free.

he then began walking to the nearby convenience store he saw on the way to his new apartment. all he could think of was how much he would love a carton of peach milk.

it might be bitter, since peach milk only brought memories of jaehyun back to him, but he still loved it nonetheless.

upon reaching the convenience store, (m/n) immediately made his way to the cold drinks that were on display. he scanned through the different brands and types of drinks, a disappointed sight leaving his lips once he realized that they were out of peach milk.

(m/n) glanced at the drinks one more time before turning on his heel and leaving the convenience store, dejected. he really wanted a carton of peach milk.

as the (h/c) haired male walked back to his apartment, he passed a familiar-looking park.

the same park he and jaehyun always met up at.

(m/n) smiled bitterly. he never really moved on from the older despite the things he's done; he loved jaehyun too much to hate him, and it hurt. but (m/n) didn't mind.

then, his feet seemed like they had a mind of their own once again, bringing him over to the park - to the bench where everything happened.

the (h/c) haired male's heart pounded against his chest as all the memories came flooding back; good and bad. it didn't matter, all that matters was that jaehyun is in most of those memories, and he wanted to turn back time.

he was about to sit down, when suddenly, someone called him.

as (m/n) turned around, his eyes widened and tears collected in them. his heart started beating quicker and he felt as if he was floating. his head felt light as he whispered out,

"jaehyun-hyung?"