Prologue~ Obliviate ^

A/N Just so you know in this fan-fiction James Potter is a CHASER, since there's like a hundred comments saying he's a seeker. I only own my own characters, and be warned this was written almost three years ago, so expect bad grammar and phrasing. I am beginning to update the edited parts.

- - - - - - - - - -

A Memory Charm is a spell that can be used to erase memories from an individual's mind. The incantation for this charm is Obliviate.

Harry Potter Wikia~ Memory charms

Prologue- Obliviate

James Potter paced his living room in a circle, having to almost do a strange hopping dance to avoid the clutter of baby toys and toy broomsticks not yet put away. He could hardly concentrate on trying to sooth his son to sleep in his arms, he was so confused.

This was unusual for his character; everybody knew James Potter as a confident and assured man. For instance, ten years ago he decided that he wanted Lily Evans, as long as she wanted him back. And after years of screaming matches and snarky comments, they had made it. They were twenty-one and happily married, with two small infants.

But the decision he had to make was crucial-to his and Lily's happiness, and the future of their children.

Lily Potter looked anxiously at her husband from behind her curtain of fiery red hair. He'd been silent for almost ten minutes as he paced with their son, and she took his silence for worry. Their joint decision affected the little girl in her arms.

Subconsciously, she glanced down to her daughter, Aurora, who was sucking on the sleeve of her blue onesie, her big green eyes innocent and happy. She was a content child, just like her brother.

The twins had every reason to be happy babies who rarely cried. They had parents who would die for them, each other to keep each other company and Godfathers and a god-sister who loved them dearly.

"I think we'll have to do it, as much as I hate the idea." James sighed at last, breaking the silence. He flopped on the sofa next to his wife, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Aurora noticed the presence of her brother and began batting his shoulder as he pouted, squirming in his father's arms. They were almost identical twins, the same hair shade and equally stunning emerald green eyes from their mother. If it wasn't for their anatomy or Aurora's dimpled cheek, they wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

"I wish it didn't have to come to this...." Lily sniffed, blinking back tears, winding a finger around her husband's hand. "But we've barely had time with Rory... Only fifteen months."

"Fifteen of the best months, though." James said comfortingly, his eyes locked on his daughter. A smirk crept onto his face. "See, the nickname finally caught onto you! See, her Dog-father is brilliant!"

"Just because Sirius turns into a dog, doesn't mean he's a dog-father." Lily rolled her eyes. "What's next-Remus is the Wolf-Father?"

Rory had two godfathers-not because Sirius and Remus were a couple-but because after Remus' stability declined after Marlene's death, they weren't sure if they could trust him with their daughter if anything happened.

Lily shook her head, moving onto serious matters. "But where will she go, James? She needs safety, a place he'll never find her. He knows, he knows about the prophecy and if he finds her-she may as well be dead."

James racked his brains for new possible homes for his daughter. Sirius? While he loved him, he wasn't the most responsible. Remus? No, he already had a daughter-Genesis-to care for, and already struggling after the death of his girlfriend, Gennie's mother. Peter? Of course not, he dropped Harry when he first held him after their birth.