Chapter Twenty-Six

The second YongSun opened her eyes, she threw up. Five pairs of eyes watched her as she moved from her laying down position to a sitting one. Byul's hand was slightly outstretched as if she was waiting to catch YongSun if she fell back. Byul looked horrible, her already pale skin was basically see through, her eyes were lined with dark circles, and even though she had a blanket around her shoulders, she was shivering.

YongSun didn't feel much better. Her stomach was still churning, she felt as if there was a hurricane in her gut. When she looked up at the others, she felt bile rise in her throat once again but she managed to choke it back. "What happened?" The acid from her stomach burned the back of her throat. As if knowing what she needed, Byul handed her a water skin.

No one answered while she drank. "If I had to guess," WheeIn finally said. "I think you just healed Byul."

That sent a shock through her, chilling her spine. "W-what do you mean? We gave her the antidote, it is what healed her." She looked at Byul, she looked about three times as worse as the others, but YongSun still believed she was cured by the antidote.

HyeJin shook her head. "I think Byul must have had double the dose we did." She chucked her thumb in Luna's direction, who was leaning against TaeOh's side, her eyes fluttering like she was having a hard time keeping them open. "I saw your hands glow when they were on her." HyeJin confirmed. "As soon as they stopped, Byul woke up and you passed out, and now you are acting like you have been poisoned." She looked as if she was thinking it over, WheeIn nodding next to her. "But we can discuss it later."

YongSun looked over them again, everyone seemed to expect her to want to say something or do something. Her eyes rested over Byul, who gave a weak smile. "I guess I should have listened to my mother when she said sweets would kill me." She laughed.

TaeOh let out a snort that had YongSun smiling. "You do have a problem controlling yourself around the sweets, remember the chocolate moat?"

Byul faked a glare at him but YongSun could see the smile in her eyes, it was nice to see. "You promised you would never bring that up." YongSun felt the urge to reach out and lay her hand on Byul's but she held back.

Luna surprisingly sat up, but she was still leaning heavily on TaeOh. "I'd like to hear this." Her green eyes gleamed a bit.

WheeIn chuckled, she began rubbing HyeJin's shoulders from where they were sitting. It dawned on YongSun that her and Byul were the only ones not touching, but she wasn't sure she could control herself if she tried. Instead she smiled. "Yeah Byul tell us."

Byul also faked a glare at YongSun but she didn't hold it long before a smile broke through. "TaeOh tells it better." She sighed. "Besides I am too exhausted." At that she leaned her head on YongSun's shoulder, YongSun stiffened. She didn't miss the look that passed between WheeIn and HyeJin, TaeOh lifted an eyebrow, Luna's eyes were closed again. YongSun waited for Byul to move but she didn't, she tried to relax a bit, which wasn't hard because it was Byul resting on her.

TaeOh cleared his throat. "So back when Byul and I were fresh new faces in the army, the King held a party..." Everyone relaxed as TaeOh told them the tale of how Byul had a bit too much to drink and thought it would be fun to shove her face in a moat of chocolate at one of the celebrations, burning her face slightly for a few days. YongSun felt her head fall to the side, resting atop of Byul's, she slowly drifted into sleep.

Everyone wasted the next day resting. TaeOh was really the only able to walk around, even though he was exhausted. WheeIn tried to put on a strong face, pretending her wound didn't hurt her, and help out with the firewood and the hunting but HyeJin put a stop to that really fast, making her sit down. HyeJin and Luna were able to walk around the clearing a little bit. YongSun felt better once morning broke but she was still tired. Byul was still the worst of them, she tried walking around but she often got dizzy when she stood so she was ordered to lay down and drink lots of fluid.