THE FIRST QUEST.

In the silence of my mind after few moments I left the meeting, just sitting on my bed after cleaning myself up and dressing up the injury, my thought went back to the meeting.

After the drama that went down there, lots of them were expecting me to retaliate or get angry because he called me a bitch,but I decided not to reply him because all that was on my mind was to make sure I keep my family legacy.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thought. 'Come in ' I said. Lana came in and sat down on the bed beside me, 'how are you doing' she asked, I gave a nod in reply.

'How was the meeting' she asked, I told her all what happened, 'Wow' she replied, raising my eyebrows in confusion to her reply, 'What is wow' I asked.

She gave me that her goofy smile and replied 'Very romantic', I was lost, I felt her told her the wrong story, 'Lana  are you ok?' I asked her . 'Vicky don't you get?'  'Get what Lana.' she hissed at me and said in a very annoying voice 'Vicky you  are so  clueless, well forget about that, who are going to give you the tasks you guys have to do, will it be the Dons.'  'No' I replied 'The Dons don't have the power, the Elders will give us.' 'Who are the Elders?' she asked.

'The elders are the former  dons who are no longer in business but they still have power and wisdoms, so they created the council, they also use it to regulate the monarch of mafia.'  'This is so confusing  she replied, well I came here to talk to you about the girls.'

I almost forgot about the girls. 'Just gather them  together and I will see them in my office in 10'  'Okay boss', she said with a singing tone.

I decided to change from my bath robe to a khaki trouser with a red tank top, I was walking down the hallway, when Nicolo decided to grace me with his presence, now he has unbutton some of his buttons, and his chest is now on display.

'You checking me out La Dona' he said, I looked at him and flashback of what happened earlier at the meeting came flowing back to me, I decided to calm myself and just walk away, I am the host, and I have to be well behaved, I was walking past him, when he held my hand and pulled me closer to his chest, his hand still tightly gripping my hand, I looked to where his hands were gripping mine.

'What the hell' are you doing' I said there was no reply till I looked up to meet his eyes, his eyes is an art of his own, we were probably staring at each other for a long time, till I remember what he said "Bitch", I pushed myself off him and gave him a good glare, his reply was just  a smile gracing his face.

My voice became a lot quieter when a smile tugged at his face ' Never you touch me again' I said, the smile on his face became bigger 'Do you think you are God' he asked 'You are flattering yourself thinking I would actually want to touch you, you are not my type at all, I just want to give you a warning' I was getting very irritated with all what he's saying 'Thanks I don't need your warning or anything that comes from you' I said.

I walked away from him in annoyance, I stormed into my office, Lana got up from the couch hurriedly, 'Vicky did someone steal your boyfriend she said'  when she said that I lost it. 'What the hell is wrong with you exactly Lana, which boyfriend what the hell are you saying, which boyfriend, did you give me one or did I introduce one to you, why can't you be normal'I shouted at her.

She looked so shocked and I felt bad for shouting at her. 'I am sorry Lana, I really did notmean to talk to you like that'. 'It's okay Vicky, the girls are ready, should they come in.' 'Yes' I replied.

After 40 minutes, I was finally done with the girls, 3 decided to stay behind, 2 of them decided to take part with the chores of the house while Audrey decide to join the mafia, I still have to talk to her more to decide exactly what she wants to take part in.

I know she's brave with the way she saved me earlier at the attack but I also know she's young and she should know what's she's going into.

'Vicky?' Lana said, 'Yes' I replied, 'Well I know you are really facing a lot and I understand your pain, but Vicky I need you not just you, I need my friend, the jovial one, I miss your pranks, I need your laughter, I can't remember the last time you actually laughed, the mafia need the real you, not just a leader, but a friend, a family above all you need yourself, I know with your parents death anniversary coming up and the thing you've got going on with the mafia, you are really tense but I know your parents will not want you to see you live like this, please Vicky come back.' she was looking into my eyes pleading, I know she's really hurting because she also lost something that day, I know they are all hurting but I lost my parents right in front of  my eyes, I know some may even I am weak, so I have to be like this, I can't be seen as weak, I couldn't save my parents and I am also a female, this is the real me now.

'Lana you kn--.' 'Vicky all I just want is for you to think about it please' I know she's not going to back down easily till I give in.

The knock on the door saved me from the conversation, 'Come in' I said, Micheal came in 'Boss Harry said your attention is needed at the conference room, the representative of the Elders are here with the first quest.' This caught my attention, 'Sure' I replied, I left the office and went to the conference room, there was Harry, Nicolo and one of his men, with a man I have never seen before which I presume he's working with the Elders.

  'Good day ma'am I am  Marcus.' 'Pleasure to meet you' I said and handshakes him, I did not bother introducing myself him, we all sat down.

The young man Marcus brought out  some papers and gave one each to both me and Nicolo. The elders have given you both your first quest, you have to catch Jared Simon, he's a very dangerous man, he was part of the Mexican mafia before he became rouge and everyday he's becoming powerful,you have to suppress him because he's a threat to the whole mafia and he's going against all rules and this could break alliance between the government and the mafia, all the informations you need are in the documents, you have two weeks to complete this task.

I was confused because I did not see the way it will work, 'Is it the first person to get him that wins the quest I asked' 'No' he replied, you have 3 quests and the elders will choose who will be royalty and for this quest you both will work without the help of your team and you have to work together
as a team.
'What?'
'Mai.' Both me and Nicolo said together.