83-90

the tree sap

Chapter 83: CH83

(UNEDITED BECAUSE MY EDITOR DISAPPEARED)

It was still quiet when Lin Yi reached the school- it didn’t seem to be break yet.

Lin Yi made his way to the classroom, peeking his head in only to see a class with no teacher. It was self study.

Lin Yi decided to just push through the doors directly, earning the gazes of many students who lowered their heads again after realizing it was Lin Yi. They didn’t have the time to be minding other people’s business- they were twelfth graders, afer all.

Yushu poked at Mengyao. “Yao Yao, look! Shield Guy’s here.”

“Okay, Shield Guy;s here, so what?” Mengyao frowned, a little displeased at Yushu’s reaction. “Shu, why’re you always so focused on him? Are you in love with him, after all?”

“Big guy walking straight into class, of course I’d notice him!” Yushu said with a shrug. “Fine, I won’t say anything from now on, since it’s nothing to do with you anyway.”

“……” Mengyao opened her mouth to say something, deciding to keep it shout instead. She shook her head as she went back to studying.

Yushu only looked at Mengyao as she smiled faintly, turning back to her desk.

“Wait, Shu, how come Lin YI took an entire morning just for a medical checkup? It’s the afternoon already- you don’t think he’d hooked up with Song Lingshan again, do you?” Mengyao turned her head back abruptly.

“Hah? I thought you didn’t care about him?” Yushu teased with a grin as she looked at Mengyao.

“He’s a shield by father paid good money for, of course I’d be annoyed if he went outside for stuff like that instead of doing his job!” Mengyao didn’t know why she suspected Lin Yi of something like that, but a good excuse came up: Lin Yi should be doing his job properly if he was receiving a salary for it.

“Why don’t you go talk to him about it, then? Tell him not to be such a playboy, that he should be your shield and your shield only.” Yushu suggested relaxingly.

“Playboy? My shield only?!” Mengyao’s face lit up with a blush in response. “Shu, word choice! What you say is always so ambiguous!”

“What? It’s true, your dad hired him to be your shield- it’s not like my dad’s putting any money in for his protection.” Yushu explained logically. “How bout you let him be my shield if you think my phrasing’s inappropriate? We might not need him now, but you never know in college!”

“Get lost! Don’t you have that brother of yours already? You don’t even need a shield!” Mengyao said with a laugh, a little shaky and uncomfortable inside- it was like Yushu was stealing something from her.

Zhong Pinliang flinched a little on instinct upon seeing Lin Yi. He’d been scolded and lectured by his father, who told him to stop causing trouble at school… It was all Lin Yi’s fault!

But he understood perfectly well- He’d be fucked in hand to hand combat with Lin Yi. Even Heibao Bro lost after pulling a gun out, the guy was insane!

Pinliang understood his place, and the fact that conventional means held no bearing on Lin Yi. He decided to wait for a suitable opportunity to present itself, something that’d give him an edge over Lin Yi.

He’d also decided to give Kang Xiaobo a break- the guy was totally under Lin Yi’s protection, and Pinliang saw no merit in messing with him, especially only if Lin Yi would just come beat them up again. It wasn’t worth it.