440-441

Beauty and the Bodyguard - Chapter 440

Chapter 440: CH440

The students who had finished with the planting went back to class for study hall- they didn’t need the teachers to be telling them to study anymore, not in the twelfth grade. Those who wanted to study would naturally study, and those who didn’t, like Ruoming’s kind, wouldn’t, no matter how you forced him.

Mengyao and Yushu spent a while on their MP4 upon returning to the classroom before starting doing some revisions. The hard road of the Gaokao wouldn’t cut them any slack for being pretty, and since both of them didn’t want to rely on their families, they’d set out to get good grades by themselves.

Tang Yin and Lin Yi had finished as well, and Tang Yin went back to class to get to the books. She’d been busy with her father’s operation recently, and there was her relationship with Lin Yi, too- she hadn’t had much time to spend on studying. Her grades would probably start dropping if she didn’t start working hard again.

Tang Yin wanted to stay a little longer with Lin Yi, but what if she couldn’t make it into university?

The two finished lunch at the cafeteria and paid Mrs. Tang a visit at her food stand before going back to their respective classrooms.

Xiaoxiao was sitting at her desk alone, eating a lunchbox quietly. She raised her head to look at Lin Yi as he walked over only to lower it back down again, focusing on her meal.

“Those lunchboxes from there aren’t clean- I had one before, found a fly in it.” Lin Yi said with a smile after looking at the logo on the lunchbox.

“Pfft-!” Xiaoxiao spit out the piece of meat she’d been chewing on before glaring right at Lin Yi. “You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?”

“Ah, I’m just kindly reminding you.” Lin Yi shrugged. Sitting next to Xiaoxiao was rather unsettling- he needed to get rid of her soon.

Xiaoxiao eyed Lin Yi angrily, thinking that if this was how Lin Yi wanted to play she’d gladly entertain him! She’d been feeling rather bad for the upcoming ass-blasting later, but since Lin Yi was being an ass she decided that it’d be fine humiliating him tonight. Hmph!

It was around study hall at night when Pinliang finished the preparations- he sent Xiaoxiao a text to tell her that they could carry out the next stage of the operation.

Xiaoxiao wasn’t worried that Lin Yi wouldn’t go join the performance- since Yushu and Mengyao were going, it wasn’t possible that Lin Yi wouldn’t be there as the bodyguard and all.

Pinliang had also sent a text to Yushu as well. “Yao Yao, let’s go breathe some fresh air? It’s so boring in here!”

“Right now?” Mengyao frowned. She’d just started some math problems for practice, and was in the middle of solving the first one! It wasn’t very good timing.

“Yeah! I heard there’ll be fireworks on the field, let’s go see, okay?” Yushu said.

“Fireworks? It’s not that Zhong Pinliang again, is it?” Mengyao wasn’t stupid- she’d managed to guess what this whole thing might be about.

“Hehe, yeah! You coming, Yao Yao?” Yushu didn’t try hiding it now that Mengyao had figured it out.

“Don’t want to.” Mengyao shook her head.

“Well I can’t go alone if you don’t, can I… It’s dark outside already, what if I get scared!” Yushu started pulling at Mengyao, intending to force her out with her.

“You? Scared?” Mengyao didn’t believe it. “Weren’t you the one beating ghosts to death in that theme park haunted house?”

But Yushu was insisting- helpless, Mengyao stood up and walked with her.