Chapter 2

"I talked to Keefe," Sophie said, "I talked to Keefe. I talked to Keefe!"

"We know you did," Fitz said, for some reason acting annoyed.

Sophie got up and out of Biana and Linh's arms. She limped over to her bed, letting out a big breath of air as she sat down.

"I wonder how Keefe's doing right now," Sophie said.

"But you just talked to him," Fitz argued.

"Yeah," Sophie said, "But that was before the Neverseen checked on him."

The door swung open and Edaline walked inside, "Snacks!" Edaline put a plate of custard bursts and Blitzenberry Muffins on Sophie's nightstand. But then, she saw the sad and serious looks on their faces and asked, "What's wrong?"

"We-" Biana started.

"Had so much fun, thanks for the custard bursts," Sophie cut her off.

"Oh, okay, that's nice," Edaline walked out of the room and slowly closed the door.

"Should we tell Lord Cassius?" Dex asked after Edaline left the room.

"No," Biana and Sophie said in unison. Biana paced around the room, so deep in thought that she knocked over the chair Fitz was sitting on.

"Do you think we can reach out to Tam?" Biana asked nervously after pacing around the room for at least three minutes. As soon as she noticed that that had come out of her mouth, she blushed and said, "You know, like, to ask him about what's happening."

"Remember what happened last time?" Linh mumbled.

"Maybe he changed and misses us?" Biana said hopefully.

"Yeah... I guess," Linh sighed, her fingers wrapping around the silver tips of her hair.

"Sophie," Biana said, "Could you try now?"

"Now?" Sophie yawned, even though it was around 12:30 P.M., "I feel tired, I was up late last night."

"Couldn't go to sleep?" Linh asked.

"More like wouldn't go to sleep," Sophie grumbled, "Nightmares."

Nobody asked what they were about, because they all knew it was Keefe.

Dex stared at the floor and whispered, "I wish I could've been there, to help you."

"No," Sophie said, "Then you would have gotten hurt, I don't need any more of my friends getting hurt."

"We don't want you to get hurt, that's why we want to come with you," Fitz said.

Sophie smiled weakly, "You don't have to."

"But I want to," Fitz said, and walked over to her bed to put his hand on hers, but Sophie pulled away.

"This is getting kinda awkward," Dex whispered to Biana and LInh.

"I know," Linh whispered back.

"We can hear you," Sophie called to the group huddled on the floor. Fitz was sitting in the chair, but when he left to go onto Sophie's bed, no one bothered to sit in the chair.

Linh separated herself from the group and pretended that she was doing nothing for the whole time Sophie and Fitz were talking.

Dex glanced at the clock on Sophie's nightstand and said, "I have to go, my parents want me back by one."

"I guess we'll leave too," Biana said, getting up, "Come on Fitz."

Fitz looked annoyed, he probably didn't like being bossed around by his younger sister. "Okay," He grumbled, getting up.

After Sophie's friends left, Sophie wished she could talk to Keefe again, but didn't want him to get hurt by the Neverseen because she was contacting him.

She decided to go see Silveny instead, to get her mind off Keefe. (Which was impossible)

Sophie slowly limped to the door. She opened it slowly and stuck her head out of it, only to see Sandor's face inches from her's. Sandor slowly stood up, so he was way taller than Sophie.

"Where are you going?" Sandor asked, "Should I tell your parents?"

"I'm just going to see Silveny," Sophie answered, "And Luna, and Wynn, and Greyfell. I can't fall asleep."

"I will take you to them," Sandor said, lifting Sophie up and bringing her down the stairs.

When they got outside, Sophie immediately started hearing a chorus of 'Keefe's.

She sighed and said, "You all know Keefe isn't here."

Keefe! Sophie! Friend! Silveny chanted, sending Sophie a wave of happy emotions. Glitter Butt!

Keefe isn't here, Sophie told Silveny sadly. I wish he was.

KEEFE! KEEFE! Wynn came over and looked hopefully at her. KEEFE! KEEFE? Keefe?

No, I'm sorry, I said to Luna, Wynn, and Silveny, but mostly to Keefe. He can't be here right now.

"Sophie?" Grady said, "Lunch is ready."

"Not right now," Sophie replied, "I want to spend time with the twins and Silveny."

"Okay," Grady said, deciding not to push her. He turned around and went inside, leaving Sophie outside with the alicorns.

Thanks for reading Chapter Two! Make sure to check out @youryuer 's account!