Chapter 4

Keefe didn't know how long had passed since he last saw Sophie. He was losing track of the days. When Keefe refused to eat, his mom tossed him an unopened pack of E. L. Fudges. They must be in the human world. 

Even though Keefe still didn't fully trust his mom, he ate a bit of the the cookies. Soon, out of boredom, he was beheading them and making their feet walk away to "scare" all the other elves. 

There was a knock on the door. His mother and the blue haired girl stepped in. The girl stole a quick glance at all of the beheaded elves and the tiny families crowded around them. 

"Keefe," his mother snapped. Over the pass few days, she's been getting more and more impatient with his refusal to cooperate. "From today, you will be listening to me and start your lessons." As soon as his mother said the last word, she turned on her heel and left. 

An awkward silence fell over the two elves. The girl with the blue hair was the first to speak up, "Um, let's start with introductions, even though the neverseen and your mom want to keep everyone in the dark and alone."

He figured telling her his name wouldn't hurt. She probably already knows from his mom. "I'm Keefe and I want to get out of here."

She plopped onto the floor. "My name is Raina."

"That sounds like a human name." Then after thinking he said, "No offense."

She smiled. "None taken. I am actually from the human world," Something sad passed through her eyes as she said it. She took a deep breath. "But I'm not here to talk about me. I'm supposed to help you."

Keefe started killing the tiny cookies again. He didn't want to get wound up in his mom's evil business. He just wanted to get back to his friends. 

"I actually had a family back in the human world," She started, her eyes getting that sad look again.

"What are you doing? I thought you were trying to help me?" Keefe wondered out loud. 

"Since you aren't opening up, I figured I could tell you about myself."