Part [8]

Scott walks into the parking garage and realizes his car is gone. "Damn it." He walks up to level 4. He walks around to see if he can find it. He puts his bags down and uses his key fob. It chirps above him and a milk bottle rolls out of one of his bags. "Oh crap." It rolls under a car only to roll back with claw marks in the side. A figure stands behind him and he sees it and runs away. As he runs down the parking garage he glances behind and sees a massive wolf chasing him. The wolf growls. Scott hides behind a red car to catch his breath, but he can hear his heart beating. He puts a hand over his chest to try and calm down, but realizes that won't be happening. He stands and jumps onto a nearby car. He runs across the hoods and they all blare their alarms. Scott looks and realizes he's on level two. He bolts behind a dark green car. He breathes heavily, but his phone rings. "No. No, stop." He fumbles to pull out his phone, but something bites his foot and pulls him away from the car. The wolf stands over him, snarling.

"You're dead." Derek appears in Scott's line of vision. He glances at the wolf, terrified. It stops snarling and backs away. This was no normal wolf. It was huge. It was almost as big as the car it stood next too. "What the hell was that?" The wolf steadily walks along with Derek and Scott. "I said I was going to teach you, I didn't say when." Scott points at the wolf. "You scared the crap out of me!" Derek looks at the wolf. "Not yet."

"Okay, but I was fast, right?" The wolf glances at Scott. "Not fast enough. Hailey was going easy on you." Scott's eyes budge. "That's Hailey?!" Scott shakes his head. She's an Alpha. He has to remember she's a lot more powerful than he knows. "Okay but the car alarm thing. That was smart right?" Derek nods. "Till your phone rang." Scott stops walking. "Would you just stop? Please?" Derek and Hailey stop. "What happened the other night, Stiles' Dad getting hurt, that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this." Hailey nudges Derek and he nods. She runs off. What happened to Stiles' dad was actually her fault. She caused the hysteria and panic, and she was going to fix it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hailey walks into the hospital and follows Stiles' scent. She finds him and his sleeping father in room 317. "Hey." Stiles turns around to see her. "What are you doing here?" Hailey walks into the room. "I can help you dad." Stiles raises an eyebrow. "How?" Hailey waves her hand. "You saw me do it to Derek before." Stiles nods. "I can take away his pain." Stiles stares at her, trying to decide if he trusts her. Derek he definitely does not, but Hailey has actually been kind, and caring. "Okay, do it." Hailey nods and grabs Sheriff Stilinski's hand. Her veins turn black as she pulls away his pain. She lets go. "It isn't too bad. He should be up soon." Stiles nods and Hailey goes to leave the room. "Thank you." Stiles blurts out. Hailey turns to him. "Not just for helping my dad, but for helping Scott. I may be pissed at him right now but..." Hailey smiles. "Your welcome."

Hailey makes her way back to the entrance of the Hospital, but catches a scent. Melissa. She sits at the reception desk. Hailey tries to rush past her without being seen, but Melissa looks up. She gasps. "Hailey?!" Hailey's heart rate rises as she runs out of the Hospital. She hides behind the tree just outside the entrance. Melissa runs out and looks around but when she doesn't see Hailey, she walks back inside. Hailey sighs and walks over to her motorcycle.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hailey walks into the animal clinic and her eyes widen. Dr. Deaton is tied up and beaten. "What the hell?!" Hailey rushes to his side. She glares at Derek. "What did you do dumbass?" Hailey stands up and Derek hands her the picture of the deer. She stares at the spiral. "What? You think it's him?" Derek nods. Scott watches the two argue. "No, it's not Derek. I'd know." Derek gets in her face. "No, you wouldn't." Hailey raises her eyebrows. "Oh?" Derek throws his arm out. "You said it yourself Hailey. Your exact words. 'A swirl of confusion'." Hailey narrows her eyes. "I am getting nothing from him," She points to Deaton. "He's not the Alpha." Derek scoffs and turns away from her. "I have hunted down Alphas before Derek." Scott looks at her confused. "I know what I am doing."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hailey pulls up to the High School on her motorcycle. She takes off her helmet and nods at Stiles and Scott. They nod back at her. Derek pulls up and she glares at him as he gets out of the car. "Where's my boss?" Derek points to his car. "He's in the back." Scott, Stiles and Hailey all look at Deaton. He looks extremely uncomfortable.. "Oh, well, he looks comfortable." Scott and Stiles walk away. "Wait, hey. What are you doing?" Scott turns to Derek. "You said I was linked with the alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right." Scott and Stiles walk inside. Derek sighs and turns to Hailey. "Hailey..." Hailey cuts him off. "Don't. I've got enough going on." Derek looks at her. He can feel the anxiety coming from her.

Hailey raises an eyebrow at the pathetic excuse of a roar. She snorts, but then a true roar escapes the speakers. Derek and Hailey cover their ears. Hailey glances at Derek. "Well, that'll certainly gather his attention." Derek walks around the other side of his car. "Yeah and the rest of the town too." Scott and Stiles walk out. "I'm gonna kill both of you." Both of them gape. Hailey rolls her eyes. "What the hell was that? What are you trying to do, attract the entire state to the school?" Hailey cringes. "He's got a point."

"I thought you were on our side." Stiles whispers exasperated. "Sorry, I didn't know it would be that loud." Stiles laughs. "Yeah, it was loud, and it was awesome!" Hailey freezes. The scent. "Shut up."

"Don't be such a sour wolf." Scott hits Stiles, then looks in the back of the car. "What'd you do with him?" Hailey and Derek's eyebrows crease. "What?" They look in the car and Deaton is gone. "We didn't do anything." A growl is heard. Hailey whips around, only for claws to cut deep across her abdomen. She falls to the ground. Her eyes stay open long enough to see Derek be thrown against the school. "Run." She rasps out, then she loses consciousness.

1167 WORDS