Part [9]

"Hailey." Hailey's flicker open. Derek was laying next to her. He must have crawled over. "We have to leave." Hailey groans and lifts herself up, but something feels cool and droopy in her stomach. She looks down and sees her intestines are spilling out. Derek's eyes widened. "Lovely." She shoves them back in and holds her arm over the massive cut. She hobbles over to Stile's car and opens the back. She smiles at a roll of duct tape.

Hailey finished taping her stomach shut and turned to Derek who was still lying on the ground. "Paralized?" He looks up at her. "Yep." She nods and grabs him, hauling her onto her motorcycle. She keeps him steady while she gets on herself. Hailey tapes Derek to her body and starts her motorcycle. She drives off.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hailey stops her motorcycle outside her cave. Derek's dead wait becomes too much and they both fall off the side of the bike. "Ow." Hailey retracts her claws and uses them to cut the duct tape connecting the both of them. Hailey rolls away and sits on her knees. She scoots over to Derek. "This is going to hurt." Derek nods. Hailey reaches her hand into the cut on his back and grabs his spinal cord. She closes her eyes and snaps it back into place. Derek roars in pain, but he starts to move. Hailey smiles and her eyes start to flutter. "Hailey?" Derek groans and sits up. Hailey lifts up her shirt. There is more blood than Derek has ever seen in his life. He rushes her side. "It's not healing." She nods. "Alpha, remember. It won't heal till it's sewn shut." She points to her bike. "First aid." Derek nods, but Hailey passes out.

Hailey wakes up. She lifts up her shirt and sees it's sewn shut, then she notices the warmth next to her. Derek. He was lying with her. Hailey smiles brightly and snuggles closer to him and falls back asleep.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hailey wakes up to find Derek gone. She sits up and looks around when her phone rings. It was Stiles. "Hello?" She stands up and stretches. She starts pulling her stitches out with her claws. "Hailey? You're alive?" Hailey scoffs. "Yes, I'm alive dumbass." Hailey walks over to her bite and grabs new clothes. "Okay, okay good. Look I need you to come into the station?" Hailey makes a face. "Well, actually, my dad does." Hailey sighs and nods. "Interrogation." She nods and hangs up. "Great."

Hailey sees Stiles standing outside the station with Scott. She smiles at them both. "You guys okay?" They both nod. "What happened to you?" Hailey lifts up her shirt, showing the caked blood. They gape at it and she flattens her shirt. "Disembowelment is fun." Sheriff Stilinski nods for Hailey to come inside. She sighs.

Hailey sits on the couch of Stilinski's interrogation room. He goes to sit down, but sees Stiles and Scott looking through the window so he shuts the blinds. "So, Hailey... Lowell." Hailey's eyebrow twitches at the last name. "FBI agent." She gapes. "You see, I called and, there is no Agent Lowell." Noah sits at his desk and looks Hailey dead in the eyes. "I also found out there is no Hailey Lowell." He pulls out a folder and drops it on his desk Hailey takes it and opens it. It was of her when she was in Beacon Hills. 12 years ago. She gapes at him. "Did you really think I wouldn't remember you kid?" Noah stands up and pulls Hailey into a hug. She laughs and hugs him back. Noah would let Hailey watch Scott and Stiles while the adults were at work.

Noah grabs Hailey's shoulders and looks her over. "What happened to you kid? You just kind of disappeared with your mom." Hailey nods. "She made me leave Beacon Hills." Hailey shakes her head. "No clue why." Noah cups Hailey's cheek, then he looks at the window, knowing Scott and Stiles are behind it. "Do they know?" Hailey looks at the window sadly. "No, and I'd like to keep it that way until I'm ready to tell them myself." Noah nods. He leads her back to the couch and they both sit on it. "Now the reason I called you in here." Hailey nods. "Derek Hale."

She inhales deeply through her nose, silently promising herself to whack Stiles and Scott later. "Did you know what he was doing?" Hailey shakes her head and forces herself to look shocked. "No. I didn't know him all that well. I met him at a bar, and thought he was a good guy." Noah nods. "I guess I was wrong." Hailey raises her eyebrows. "Very wrong." Noah pulls out a notebook. "Alright. Do you know where he could be hiding? Anywhere he would go?" Hailey purses her lips and shakes her head. "No, like I said I didn't know him very well. We'd only talk during the day. He never took me anywhere." Noah nods and stands. "Alright. That's all I needed to know." Noah smiles. "It's damn good to see you again kid." Hailey smiles and hugs him back. "You too, Old man." Hailey opens the door, and Noah points at her. "No more impersonation of the FBI." Hailey laughs at his joke of scolding her. "You got it."

Scott and Stiles follow her out of the station. She turns around and whacks both boys in the head. They stare at her. "That was for framing Derek, AGAIN, and not telling me about it." She sighs and climbs onto her bike. "How does my dad know you?" Hailey glares at Scott. "And what did he mean when he said if we knew?" Hailey looks down at her bike with sad eyes. "I can't tell you that." She pulls her helmet on. "Not yet anyway." She drives off.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Later at night, Hailey gets another call from Stiles, demanding that she get to Scott's house. It only took her a moment to figure out why. The full moon. How could she have been so stupid to have forgotten?

Hailey throws her helmet off and runs into the house up to Scott's room. Stiles stands in the doorway staring at bloody handcuffs. "Shit." Hailey runs to the window. Right before she jumps out the window she catches the scent of Derek. She smiles and relaxes. "It's okay." She leans back into the room. "What do you mean it's okay?! Scott just took off!" Hailey sits down on Scott's bed. "Derek is going after him." Stiles' eyes widen. "He's alive?!" Hailey gives him a look. "Yes, Dumbass." Hailey gets up and exits the room, but Stiles grabs her arm. "How do we know you?" Hailey looks at him. Her mind goes back to when Scott and Stiles would play. Stiles was always curious and always wanted answers to everything. "I can't tell you." She smiles sadly. "But I will one day, Mischief." Stiles eyes widen but Hailey is already out of his sight.

1175 WORDS