longing ― ONE

the start of a journey 

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

I walked with Rachel, going to where Bam stayed. While we were walking there, Rachel asked me a question. 

"Hey (Y/N), do you believe in love?" 

That one question would ruin it all.

---

"Rachel!! Bam!!" I was running as hard as I could, pumping my legs harder and harder. 

Bam was up ahead, running after a flutter of pink and yellow hair. 

Bam was catching up to Rachel, and I was catching up to him.

The two of them fell, and Bam was on top of Rachel, preventing her from moving away.

"Where- Where are you going!!" Bam shouted at Rachel, a desperate longing in his voice.

"...I'm going up the tower." 

Her answer cut through the both of us like a traitor's knife. The one thing I dreaded her saying. The one thing I didn't want her to say, despite all of my conflicting feelings.

"Remember what I told you Bam? I can get to the outer world if I get to the top of the tower...I will see the blue sky, during the day, and starlight at night. So...I'm going up the tower." She spoke once again, cutting our skin and watching us bleed.

But what about us, I wanted to say. What about Bam, what about me, what about those fun times we had together!? What about the sky and the starlight, aren't we all you need? 

Those unspoken words hung in my mouth, and I couldn't get them out for the life of me.

"I'm sick of living in this...dark world." Rachel reached her hands up to Bam's face, smiling. Slicing through our chest, as she smiles. Smiles as she leaves us.

"I'm sorry, Bam. I'm sorry, (Y/N)." She spared a glance at me, flashing her small smile at me one last time. A simple apology for the wounds that can't be healed. 

"Forget about me. Let me be born again." A huge light surrounded Rachel, and I ran towards her, taking her hand. 

"No...!"

"No..NO! Rachel!! No! Don't go, Rachel!! Please don't do this!" 

Our shouts of desperation did nothing to stop her.

A huge door opened beneath us, and Rachel started disappearing into flowing flowers, disappearing part by part.

"No! No, if you go..." Bam spoke, the sadness and longing clear in his voice.

And here was the moment where it was all ruined.

"...I'll follow you until I die!" 

That simple sentence was everything in comparison to Rachel's petty reasons. It hurt so, so, much more, and for a moment, I spared a glance at Bam's desperate figure, grasping at the disappearing Rachel.

How I wanted those words to be for me.

How I longed for those words to be for me, only for me. Never to be spoken for another person again. 

The door shut closed, and the last thing I saw was Bam's distraught face. 

Our chance to stop her was gone.

She was gone.

As I slowly lost consciousness, I swore I could pools of blood gathering at Bam's feet.

We were both bleeding out from her words.

---

"...Rachel...?" I reached out, hands up in the air.  The last thing I remembered was...