Chapter 2: The Underwater Mystery

The next morning, Silverstream and Gallus ate breakfast and waved good bye to Twilight before going aboard a boat towards Mount Eris. "OHH!!! I'm so excited!" Silverstream exclaimed, but when she turned she saw her boyfriend frowning at the water.

"What's wrong dear?" she asked.

"The water..."

Silverstream looked to where he's pointing, and saw a near-death wounded hippogriff in its marine form. "Oh-no!" without a second thought, Silverstream turned into marine form and jumped into the water, carrying the near-death hippogriff. "Hey, can you hear me?" Gallus immediately started to check the injured hippogriff. "must....stop....." they both heard the dying hippogriff said weakly, "What?" Silverstream shook the hippogriff hard, "stay with me buddy!"

"Must.... stop.... the experience.....too late..... hippogriffs.... danger....." sadly, this is the hippogriff's last words.

"What does he mean by saying experience?" Gallus asked in a serious tone.

"I don't know..." Silverstream sighed, "but we're going to find out!"

(~)

Mount Eris was beautiful as ever, but it's a shame that both lovers don't have time to enjoy the view. They have to speak to Queen Novo, quick! They made it into the underwater city, Silverstream turned Gallus into a hippogriff marine form before diving into the water. 

Before, reaching to the palace, they were stopped by the guards.

"I'm Queen Novo's niece, and this is my boyfriend. We need to speak to the queen immediately." Silverstream told the guards. Then they let them in.

The Queen sat on her sea shell throne as she frowned at Silverstream and Gallus's report. "Yes, we're also experiencing the same situation." Queen Novo said, "I've already have the city locked-down, and I also send the security forces to search the kingdom." "Excuse me, your majesty," Gallus bowed and said, "I would like to ask you to allow me and Silverstream to handle this." "What no!" the Queen gasped, "You're my niece's soulmate, if anything happened to you or my niece, I'll never going to forgive myself." "But aunt," Silverstream continued, "We're the first to heard the Intels from a victim, so that give us enough clues." 

The Queen thought it for a few moment.

"Fine, but make sure to report back to me if you guys spot anything unusual or suspicious. And also... be safe."

"Thank you your majesty." Gallus bowed again before heading off with his girlfriend.

A few days later, they reported that they've spotted battle marks inside a cave not far from the palace. The queen then gave them the permission to go in.

"This place is creepy." muttered Gallus, "Even creepier than the Everfree." Suddenly, Silverstream covered his beak. "Shh! I heard noises."

Bth of them stopped swimming and stayed right there, listening carefully. Finally, they heard a muffled scream coming from the top of the cave. "Another victim!" said Silverstream, "let's follow it."