shot

You nervously back up as you watch the war lay out in front of you. You know Steve needed your help on this and he told you not to be pressured into a decision at all, but you had still took his side and helped him fight in the end, which you greatly regret now. You definitely don't regret sticking with Steve and taking Bucky's side, but the whole idea of you fighting and physically hurting your own friends makes you feel sick.

"This fight is stupid, huh?" you hear someone say from behind you. You quickly turn around, immediately recognizing Nat, who had taken Tony's side this time.

"Oh--yeah, I think so. Are you here to beat me up?" you joke slightly, although you know damn well that she could any moment if she wanted to.

"I couldn't hurt you. I have to go, though, before you get in trouble for taking the wrong side," she says, winking before slowly backing away. You chuckle, turning back to face the fight when you feel a sharp pain in your abdomen, slowly stumbling back and falling to the ground.

"(Y/n)!" you hear Steve yell before he's kneeled at your side, holding pressure onto your bleeding gunshot wound. You wince in pain when his hands come in contact, squinting your eyes shut.

"Who fired?" you hear Tony yell as he pauses his fight with Clint, his mask coming off his face as he looks at the bloody gushing through Steve's fingers.

"I said, who fired!" he yells again.

"It was me. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to actually hit-"

"Shut up," Tony says to rhodes who had confessed.

"This is on you, Tony!" Steve yells, his hands now stained in the crimson blood spilling from your body.

"Listen, I told my guys not to fire," he says, slowly backing away from Clint.

"That doesn't change the fact that one of your friends are now laying on the ground bleeding out!" Steve yells back. Steve quickly picks you up, him and Bucky both inhumanly fast running towards the aircraft that's supposed to get you all out of here. You pant as the wind blows around you, tightly holding your hands against your bleeding stomach.

"Guys! Our ride is up here!" Steve yells into the earpiece.

"You three go. Not all of us are gonna make it out of here," Sam says.

"He's right. You guys need to leave. We'll be fine," Wanda says. Steve and Buck look at each other for a second before Steve nods, both of them running faster. You're about to head into the building when the tower falls down in front of the entrance, but is quickly caught by Wanda's powers as she holds a gap for them. They're just about to run in when it starts falling again, both of them sliding under and inside, Steve carefully getting back up with you somehow still in his arms. But, Nat stands in your way of the plane right behind her, stopping you all in your tracks.

"You're not gonna stop, are you?" she sighs.

"You know you can't," Steve answers. Nat raises her arm at Steve, about to press the button that will release an electric ball.

"I'm so gonna regret this," she says before shooting, but it doesn't hit Steve. Steve turns around, seeing T'Challa with the electric ball on him, tazing him to keep him down and weak.

"Go. Don't let her die," Nat says, buzzing him again.

"Thank you," Steve says before they both start running again. They run behind her, up into the plane as Steve quickly sets you down on one of the seats, hopping into the drivers seat. You immediately unzip your uniform, lifting your tank top to reveal the open wound.

"Fuck me," you say before sticking your fingers inside the wound, groaning loudly as you fiddle around your insides to try and find the bullet.

"Jesus, (y/n)," Bucky says before you get a grip on it, pulling it out of your body and quickly covering the wound with your other hand as you toss the bullet onto the ground.

"That was badass," Bucky says.

"Buck, you need you to stitch her up. There's a first aid kit under your seat," Steve says, starting up the plane and getting it higher into the air.

"On it," Bucky says, finding the case and scooting closer to you, opening it up and pulling out a needle and thread.

"I can do it myself, y'know," you say as you watch him thread it through the needle.

"Maybe you shouldn't do this one on your own," Steve says before Bucky sticks the needle through your skin, holding it together. He continues to go through until the wound is eventually closed, tying the end and huffing afterwards.

"That's not that bad for never stitching someone up, before," he says, admiring his 'work'.

"Yeah, thanks. I owe you one," you say as you grab the gauze and tape from the kit.

"Well, I think you tried to kill you earlier so let's call it even," he says, strapping himself in. You chuckle, taping the gauze over your stitches before suiting back up, strapping yourself in as well.

"I'm sorry that happened, I should've never dragged you into this-"

"I chose to come with you, Steve. Knock it off," you say, Steve glancing back and smiling softly at you. "I'm as good as new. Now, let's go kick some ass."